Chapter Twenty Seven

I was sitting once again in the plush leather seats of a car though this time it was on the way to the airport, and I wasn't driving, at just shy of two in the fucking morning I wasn't entirely that aware, nor capable of driving at this time. I'd be landing in London if all went well at two and then I'd want to be behind the wheel of one of the vehicles that were at my Central London home.

The week long rain storm had finally ebbed slightly leaving only a pale grey cloud wall that made the sky look like the cotton side of a sherpa blanket, while the concrete matched the recently polished paint on the Maybach I sat in the back of. Because of the finance breach, and the uncertain position of that information in relativity to the public I was left to be cautious but not paranoid. Paranoid would have been a twelve vehicle convoy through New York. Cautious was the bulletproof armour on my car and the special rubber cast so that the tires would still work even if they were popped.

Arilynn had also wanted to come with me even though she had only gotten two hours of sleep at that point compared to my four, though I fell asleep half way through the six episode series we were watching, meanwhile she finished it and cleaned up the mess we had made with our snacks.

Still though she was adorably stubborn.

No matter my effort to convince her to go back to bed and sleep, she had persisted and so she was wrapped in a robe while wearing slippers and fuzzy comfy pants as she resisted sleep all while leaning against me. Her dark hair was strewn over my crewneck pullover, and the leather back seat, and every few seconds her eyes would close and breathing would relax before she forced herself away and attempted to blink away fatigue.

"Mi amor, go to sleep, it'll take at least thirty minutes to leave JFK airport with the people getting off their early morning flights" I say looking over at the ashen haired girl who chose to stare at me doe eyed.

"Why would I do that" she whimsically responds, rubbing her eyes, and then staring at me again with slightly more focus then five seconds ago.

"Because it's two in the fucking morning Arilynn" I laugh before reaching up and cupping her face, "you need sleep, I'm going to sleep the entire way to London and I know that. Flights have always made me tired" I say looking at her hoping that she'd agree with me, though I knew her well enough to know any more effort was futile, Arilynn would persist and only on the ride back to 111 West 57th would she let herself possibly fall into at least a relaxed state.

"And I want to hug you and give you kisses before you leave to London, so put up with it" she says and I just shake my head knowing that she would indeed make sure that was the case.

Twenty minutes of traffic later however we got to the private gate that would let us in to the private hangers and the car was swiftly let through before I spotted my jet being brought out onto the tarmac and stopped while the Maybach came around and stopped.

Pushing open the back door I slid out and turned back to Arilynn who happily got out of the car and wrapped her arms around me.

"Fly safely" she says against my chest while I wrapped her in my arms and didn't really feel like letting go, but I had to if I was going to get to London and be able to change in time to attend my first meeting later today.

"I always do, love. Go home get rest, I'll tell you when I've landed, promise" I say giving her a smile that she returned with the typical hint of adoration that always was there like a layer to her skin.

"I will" she says with a faint laugh while stepping back and rubbing her eyes again.

Turning I walked up the Gulfstreams ramp to the doorway and turned back to see Arilynn pull the door shut and the driver pull the car around while Vesper climbed the steps behind me.

As I got into the plane I moved to my seat and took it while Vesper immediately walked to the back and took hers. A few other planes were around the tarmac a few of people I recognized and only one would be Tatyana's and I could easily see the preparations going into her plane's prep though it was a much smaller aircraft them mine was. I also included it in her contract for Winters Group. I travelled a lot and she needed to be able to follow me around the world wherever that may be. 

When the plane did eventually start moving however it wasn't long before we were in the air and off towards London. As the jet stabalized I stood and walked to the back of the jet to the sleeping cabin, and stripped down before getting under the covers and shutting the cabin door for privacy.

Looking out of the small round window by my head I stared out at Long Island below with all the silhouettes of the large houses that dotted the suburban areas that covered the whole plateau.

Pulling it shut I relaxed into the pillows and let my eyes close before focusing just on my breathing eventually lulling me into a deep sleep.

<><><>

When the plane touched down seven hours later I got up and dressed I quickly found the jacket I was going to wear and walked towards the front of the plane that was now being flooded by light from outside and gave the seats a light tan colour that resembled wet sand on a beach.

Getting to the steps I descended down to a maroon carpet with the Winters Family Logo embroidered into it as I crossed it towards the S63 I had waiting for me with the door open and a security vehicle not far away where Vesper was already seated behind the wheel.

Rounding the car I got into the front seat and drove away towards the gates of London Heathrow International before heading towards Central London where my townhouse would be mere blocks from the rest of my family's homes though mine was a lot that I had paid to develop and complete since it had been abandoned and my solution was simply to pay for it to be completely redone, and developed resulting in me building a large private corner in Queens Gate where I felt pleased to have my own home.

As I neared Hyde Park I turned towards where a few of the foreign embassy's were and eventually down into a series of large gated private residences one was a large white stucco, and roman bricked though it sat well amongst the surrounding homes allowing me to not stand out to anyone in the area.

Pulling through the gate I pulled around the cobblestone paver motor court where my cars were kept while all of the security vehicles were on the other side of the property parked farther up along side a walkway to the security wing of my home where the four PPO's lived taking turns being on patrol of my property.

There wasn't much I wasn't willing to share with my PPO's especially since to avoid secrecy having them use my cars wasn't a bad idea. I also thought of it as a fool proof way of having them still be used, and not go to waste just sitting around.

Parking I slid out and rushed inside to change into something more business suitable then the comfy pants and pullover I was wearing.

Stepping through the oak front door I ignored taking in the marble floors and light grey painted walls with black accents on most surfaces before heading upstairs and going to the back corner of the house to my bedroom and quickly change into the first suit I encountered and pulled the tie around my shirt collar and pulling on the black vest, and navy blue suit jacket that I buttoned before grabbing a random Rolex and fastening it as I walked out of the closet back downstairs where Vesper stood by the entrance table with the key drawer open, all while double windsor tying the black tie around my neck.

"911, I need to get there quickly" I say closing the knot and pulling it tight, watching her nod as she grabbed the key before heading out the door followed by myself.

I didn't care for the door to be locked there was enough security here and it was broad daylight so the amount of stupidity that would have to go into breaking into my home was astronomical.

Crossing the driveway once more Vesper tossed me the key which I caught before both of us got into the car and I swiftly started it cruising away towards the gate once more, and off towards my my meeting.

Done yay, that was actually incredibly quick so I'm glad me staying up late helped with getting this completed. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️