Chapter Seventy Two

When Arilynn and I were done being doused in rain we made our way back to the car along with the six other cars that were just for our personal security which seemed excessive now that I was watching twenty PPO's make their way back to the cars. The line of Mercedes was neither discreet or easy to blend into when there was an Aston parked between the vehicles.

Walking down towards the car with my arm around Arilynn, I opened the door sticking the umbrella into the back seat after shutting it and shaking it off. I then watched Arilynn get into the car and buckle her seat before I shut the door for her and rounded the car. Along with looked around at all of the trees and security vehicles around the area along with all of their occupants looking around one last time. 

I then slipped into the front seat of the car and drove off along with all of the other vehicles back towards Alpine away from the graveyard where the storm from above kept intensifying until it was nearly impossible to see where the road was.

"I know I shouldn't miss them but I do" Arilynn suddenly says and I smile softly.

"It's okay to miss the people they were. Because I know no parent chooses to make their child feel like how yours made you feel. At least not on purpose".

"I don't know, I remember all of the good, the fun times as a child before the millions really started flowing into our home. They also never really bothered with the money. The home I grew up in was normal, and so most of my life I never really thought my family had anything going for it".

"But instead your parents were worth hundreds of millions and wanted you to take over Hamilton so that you would be able to get somewhere in life. All while pressuring you to fit into a group of people I doubt you wanted to be in, so you ran and ended up by chance being friends and dating the kind of people your parents were trying to get close to for decades".

"That sounds right" Arilynn sighs looking out at the rain as fell over the surrounding world.

"Well I'll be here for our child, and you so that we can give our kid an excellent life. This kid will be treated just like you".

"Spoiled, you mean spoiled" she says looking over at me.

"I will love them as much as I spoil them, also they will get to learn the value of money, we can raise them in a normal house if that makes you more comfortable".

"Them?" Arilynn prys with raised eyebrows as she assessed me.

"I didn't mean to say them" I correct, "though I wouldn't complain about having two kids with you".

"In a few years perhaps" she says looking back out of the window.

"What do you want to name our child if it's a boy or a girl, we're almost at the end of the second trimester. You're at twenty two weeks so I guess we should probably come up with ideas before the check in happens".

"If it's a girl I want to name her a V name, and something classy maybe".

I hummed as I turned on my signal and got over a lane, before speeding up slightly which was likely going to get me in trouble at some point for driving too fast.

"And what about a boy".

"Danial, I always said if I had a son I'd want him to be named Danial" she says quickly a smile springing to her lips.

"Okay, what about Valerie for the girl. I think it's a pretty name".

"Can we make their middle names the reverse of your parents names?" Arilynn asks and I glance over at her, "like name the boy Danial Oliver Winters, and the girl Valerie Adrianna Winters".

Arilynn seemed thrilled at this idea, in fact she seemed completely set on those names, and I wouldn't deny that I liked them. They were good names and I would love them both regardless of which came first.

"Absolutely we can love. They can be loved and appreciated".

"You're going to be a great father, Nathan" she says looking over at me and I just laughed lightly.

"I hope so love, I want to give them everything that I can, without making them into brats".

"They're your kids, do you think that'll happen" Arilynn teases and I glare at her lightly.

"I love you too. But all their wit will be their mother's" I quip and she tries to elbow me but I move out of reach.

"I deserved that, and I know it" she says, "I'm getting you later for that though".

"Okay love, whatever you want" I muse with a smirk before pulling into our neighborhood and slowing down to coast through at forty.

I had always liked Alpine because of the fact everything seemed so calm here, Theo had grown up out here and he seemed alright, so it told me that having a family here would be nice, and that Arilynn and I may get to see some normalcy to our adult lives and able to give our future child a good future.

As I pulled into the driveway I slowed to a stop outside the front steps and turned to look at Arilynn.

"Run inside, I'll park this, and make my way in" I say knowing that I never asked for a boot room off of the garage so I was completely forced to run through the rain.

"Okay, I'll boil the kettle so you don't get pneumonia" Arilynn says before climbing out of the car and racing up the steps and into the house as I drove across the driveway and into the garage before parking the Aston and getting out so that I could go inside though I'd have to run if I didn't want to get wet, but that wasn't an option.

Getting out of the car I locked it before walking away towards the door of the garage and looking out as the sound of rain making contact with the stone outside met my ears, along with the sounds of what was collected in the gutters trickling.

I remember being a little boy and watching my dad stand by the living room window and stair out at the world late in the year typically around late September and I never understood why until I looked at the world years on. He had sacrificed everything for our family to get it here, and now I would have to do right by my family and keep everything that man had done going until the very end. Our lifestyle was already being aided by the things that Winters Group had in development like supersonic jets that were propelled at decibel ratings no louder then a microwave. The future would happen in my time and Winters Group would for some reason be at the forefront of it all, always unseen in action until people realized how far this family would go. It was weird thinking that I'd be able to form the world my child would grow up in but I would and I hoped to make it a good one.

Alright it's short I'm sorry I really am, also I am going to be writing the third trimester check in chapter next so you all will get to see Nathan's reaction, along with Arilynn's. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace