Chapter Thirty Four

Nathanial Winters

I was standing leaning on the railing of my fifty meter yacht Lucia after my great aunt. The boat was providing me a lair from Canary Wharf as the London sun beat down on the city. It had forced me to changed into a pair of white trousers and matching button up shirt in the sixty five degree weather. I was also moving out of London to go and be in the channel between France and England and enjoy the weather while it lasted.

Meeting with Yana was also another part of today, I wanted to catch up with one of my oldest friends. She was making the family fortune larger along with having been married before any one else that I grew up with at just twenty-two she'd met a Turkish man named Ediz Azaylan who was from an oil family just like Yana. What I found incredibly funny was that the Khaliya family had connections to Saudi Royalty, and now through this marriage both families individually averaged fifty billion a year in oil.

My friend was one of the most powerful women on earth and I doubt she cared.

As the yacht left the limits of London I watched as the channel neared and I spotted Yana's own yacht which dwarfed mine on every level. It was more then twice the size of mine for starters at one hundred twenty meters. Painted a beige grey, on medium grey with the name Mehmed written on the back in Arabic script.

Slowly nearing the boat I felt small which was a rare feeling however Yana was always one for reservation until it came to luxurious spending where things got out of control very quickly.

As Lucia neared the mega yacht before me I watched it turn and then slow to a stop beside the boat where I looked up and watched crews lower buoys to protect the sides of the yachts from damaging one another.

"Nathan what happened to the Typhon?" Yana calls down and I notice the shift in dressing style likely due to the slight change in clothing rules between Turkey and Saudi Arabia was dressed from a western perspective fairly conservative but not as much as the fancy and luxurious shawls and hijabs she wore back home and even in pictures in Turkey.

"It's in the Maldives, this is it's replacement for London" I call up to her as a side hatch opens and a ramp is cranked out while my staff rush over and begin setting up a set of secured steps for the ramp to be set on considering I had thought about if I needed to get onto my parents yacht which just like the Mehmed would outsize this boat by a landslide.

"I see" Yana laughs before Ediz walked over and leaned next to his wife.

"Ahlan" Ediz says down to me.

"I'm rusty with Arabic, so peace be with you Ediz" I say.

"You travel the world how do you not know a common greeting is as salaam alaykum" Yana says partially exasperated and sounding rather amused by the fact I couldn't remember.

"I will brush up on my Arabic, may I come on board?" I ask and she nods.

Climbing the steps I walked across the gangway and into a boarding room before removing my shoes and once inside I began taking in the great attention to detail from fine woods to metal finishes, carpeting, artwork mostly in sculptures. The amount of gold, marble and crystal I found was quite extensive but Yana also earned twelve billion dollars a year as the president for Khaliya Oil Corporation which was a major oil drilling company across Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Egypt, and Sudan.

As I got out onto the back of the yacht I climbed the stairs to where Yana and Ediz were lounging in the sun both laying down on separate chairs but still close enough to talk to one another.

"How to know if one got married under Sharia law" I say being completely respectful of Islamic custom I actually thought the western world could use it more then the actual Middle East, but that also wasn't an opinion many people would agree with and I was fine with my conservatism being rejected.