Chapter Forty Seven

That night back at the house the boys were outside building a fire in the large stone firepit that Nathan had insisted that he build himself after the house was completed, and because no one would argue with him he did all of the landscaping by himself including the weeks he spent making the paths around the property that he owned and even going far enough to have made an area on the top of the mountain that was covered to build a tent for when we took trips up there.

All of us girls were inside joking around over glasses of wine though I stuck with water, and was helping to put together the various buns and ribs for all of us.

"I'm wondering how it's taking them so long to build a fire?" Lea asks.

"They're boys I'll bet you anything they're coming up with some ridiculous idea of how to shape it" Izzy says.

"They're making it into a pyre, it's shaped like a teepee" I say as I finished making the fifteenth hot dog bun, and stacked it onto a plate.

"Only they would make it into a bonfire" Scarlett mutters while shaking her head and staring at the mound of food in front of all of us.

I mean we did make this in under forty minutes.

"Absolutely they would, it's them, they've been having bonfires since high school on the beach" Amelia laughs.

"I'm surprised they haven't made a bomb" Lea says.

"Nathan and Lucian are down there, nothing bad can happen now" Izzy remarks while we began stacking everything in a way that wouldn't make a mess but still get it there quickly.

"That's because the idiots know to behave" Abigail laughs.

"Nathan keeps them in line and Lucian is the enforcer, and we all know it" Amelia says, "it's one of the few times that they are bahaving. I'm silly, those two when not being watched are absolute hellians".

"That's why your boyfriend and my fiance make sure they do behave" I laugh and she just smiles and nods.

"Probably" Amelia says before all of us walked out onto the patio where the outdoor pool was, along with patio furnature and the various lights lining the patio railing. We then walked down to the cobbled path before heading towards the firepit that was now blazing and towering much higher above Nathan who was a tree by comparision to my five foot five height. He'd also set up all of the chairs farther away then normal though the inset lights were still there with a kitchen, and mini bar built into the half circle area that was designed to be a relaxing area regardless of the time of year especially with every floor surface being heated to some degree for the winter snows and glacial rains that fell during the winter.

"Food boys" Zavier says and Nathan gave him a look.

"Stay where you are Ambrose, the girls made the food, the girls get first pick" he says leaning back into the lounge chair he seemed to be relaxing into the fabric all while all of us girls picked what we wanted and went and sat down before the boys stood and cleared out the remaining food.

"You really are virtuous aren't you" Zavier teases and I just watch Nathan shake his head.

"I know you all well enough. There would be nothing for them to eat because you and Theo are like blackholes. You both eat more then I do" Nathan quips giving both boys a look though Theo wouldn't have noticed over the smile on his face and the viking sized portion of food on his plate.

"And still you're the tallest member out of all of us" Zavier says.

"August is taller then me" Nathan points out and Zavier just laughs before going back to his food.