Untitled Part 6

4

For the next few days, Cassie made copies for the werewolf section of the Guard. Paddy and Shaun had numerous patrols around the marketplace. They would come back very frustrated, over not finding anything. Cassie and Gen would go with them but they had no luck either.

I had made a large meal for them. We were all sitting at the table. Trying to figure out where to look next.

"Dad. None of the farmers know who this man is. We have tried every booth for the past two weeks with no results."

"I know Cory. All the women here in the cavern are too nervous to go out to the market without an escort. Which as it should be but never the less. It is our job to protect them. We must find out who is frightening our women?"

"Grandpa look." Quinn showed Shaun his drawing of the tattoo. It was a little more detailed. "Have you seen this Quinn?" He shook his head.

"Not on anyone Grandpa only when Cassie and I shift and only when Cassie is thinking about it."

We all looked at the drawing. Quinn had added more of the sun's flame around it and there was writing in fine lettering in between sun's flames that circled it. Cassie looked at it.

"You picked that up from me?" Quinn nodded shyly. Cassie kissed him on the cheek. "I never knew there was writing in the circle," Gen said, "or on the cross."

"What is a cross?" Quinn asked.

"It is a religious symbol for the Christian church." Gen answered.

We all looked at each other.

"We will check out the churches starting tomorrow."

We all smiled and nodded.

The only drawback about going to the churches: Out of my family I had been the only one that had ever been to a church.

I walked into a few of them that were close to the cavern over the years but never worshipped at any of them.

I spent the next week visiting the ones in London proper. I slowly circled London. Making my circles wider as I went.

Quinn and I were just outside London to the North of the caverns when we came upon a small church with the symbol of the tattoo on its doors.

'The Church of the Righteous Angel.'

Clergy: Rev. Mathew Bellman

was on the sign that was posted on the front lawn. I could smell mortals around the church.

A man in a monk's robe came walking towards us.

"I am sorry but our service does not start until nightfall. You are more than welcome to come back then."

"Do you have a service every night?"

"No my dear Lady, only on Friday nights."

"Too bad. I am only in the area for the day I was hoping to hear the service before I returned home."

"Some of my associates have written some literature about what we worship here if you like I can bring you a copy."

"I would appreciate that. Thank you."

He left, went out through the door to the left of the altar. He returned on few moments later with a small booklet.

When he handed it to me. I noticed a tattoo on his hand just to the left of his thumb. It was the same one that the girls saw.

I held his hand for a moment.

"What an interesting drawing. Does it have any special meaning, Sir?"