Untitled Part 69

34

We were all doing our part in helping with the gathering. The Elders were quite pleased. They had never had a gathering this large before.

Lizzy was in charge of the food. She sat down with Katey and I to discuss what kind of food to prepare.

"I know one thing we will have to find a lot of chicken in two months."

"Yes that is true Kylie. I have made every chicken dish I know to their delight."

"Where do you suggest we find that many chickens?" Lizzy asked.

"If we start now. We will slowly buy chicken from the local farmers then work our way to the countryside. If that is not enough then we will start in Europe."

"Europe, how do you plan to do that, Kylie?"

"Well Lizzy. I can write to Athos and Anna. Athos is in the trade business."

"True. All right the chicken has been taken care of. Now the drink. Many prefer tea, ale or wine?"

"Oh we have plenty of that already. I just started doubling up the stock."

"Very good Katey." Lizzy smiled. "That was easier than I thought it would be."

"You have to remember Lizzy. Katey is used to feeding werewolves. Shifters have the same appetite." We both nodded.

"Yes they do love to eat." We laughed.

"Speaking of eating, are you hungry?" Lizzy perked up. "Yes Katey."

"Kylie you?"

"I am fine Katey. I have to go and feed my family anyway."

"It is very rare that you eat here Kylie? I think you have only eaten here once."

"I know Katey. Being a vampire I can only eat food at a certain time."

"I understand Kylie. You only eat when you are with child."

"I do not want to trouble you. You are so busy."

"It is no trouble." She got up and served up three plates of food. We ate her delicious stew.

"I will try to come here more often Katey. This is very good."

"Thank you." She smiled proudly.

"Katey you are going to have to ruin some of your meals during the gathering."

"Why Lizzy?" Katey was offended by this.

"Or no one will want to leave." We laughed. I finished eating. "That was wonderful Katey. Now I must make my family's evening meal."

"All right Kylie. I will see you later."

"Bye Lizzy. Katey."

I moved slowly to my quarters. I was becoming very dizzy. I stood there holding onto the wall I could hear the babies' heartbeats beating faster.

I could also feel their fear.

I was so dizzy. I sat down in the walkway I had not gone far from Katey's kitchen. I tried to get back up but I could not then the pains started.

"No." I cried. "Not now. Too soon."

"What is too soon Kylie?" Caleb said from down the hall.

"My pains." He walked closer.

"Oh dear, you are not due for a few months yet." He did not look surprised that I was in pain. He turned and started to walk away.

"Caleb can you contact Paddy Please."