Untitled Part 30

Wilbert thought it was a good idea too. All the werewolves left for Scotland. It was very quiet without them in the cavern.

I was serving the evening meal to my family.

"It is so different here without the howlers."

"The what Cory?" I asked.

"The howlers. They howl when we are out on patrol." I nodded. I know they did that. "I just kind of gave them that name." Cory said sheepishly.

"Cory has been calling them that for years. It is usually when we are in our animal form."

"Ah! That explains why I never heard it before."

"This is good Kylie. What is it?" Cory asked.

"It is chicken stew. Katey had made a large pot before she left. She did not want it to go to waste. I told her I knew some people who would enjoy it."

"You are so right." Cory smiled as he put another spoonful in his mouth.

"There is a lot more Cory." I pointed to the huge pot on the stove.

"Excellent Kylie." He got up and served himself. He sat back down and started to eat. He looked up. "Does anyone else want some?" Everyone held out their plates. The look on his face was priceless. We all laughed.

"It is all right Cory." I got up. "I would not want you to starve. Eat. I will serve."

"Are you sure Kylie?" He took his parents' plates and brought them over for me to refill then everyone else's.

"Thank you Cory."

"You are welcome Kylie." He sat back down to finally eating his stew.

I was watching Cory. He seemed excited about something.

There was a knock at the door. I answered it.

"Hello Mrs. Riley. How are you today?"

"I am fine Annabelle. What can I do for you?" Before she could answer Cory was beside me. Her face just brighten.

"It is all right Kylie. I can help her."

"I am sure you can." I smiled.

"I will see you later." He called to his family in the kitchen. "Thank you for dinner Kylie. It was good." He closed the door as he left.

"I take it Annabelle is special?" I asked the rest of the shocked family.

"Yes she is. He has been showing her around London ever since they met two weeks ago." Gen said.

Shaun, Colleen and Paddy were smiling.

"It is nice to see him interested in someone." I said quietly.

"Yes it is Kylie." Colleen said. She was eyeing Gen. There was another knock at the door.

"Hello Kylie. How are you today?"

"I am fine Juan. How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if Genevieve was here. She told me she comes here to have her evening meal here sometimes."

"Yes she..." I did not get to finish my sentence. Gen was standing beside me.

"Good evening Genevieve and how are you this evening?" Juan took Gen's hand in his and kissed it. "I am fine Juan." She blushed.

"I was wondering if you would like to take a walk along the river."

"I would be delighted." Her smile brighten. "I will see you later Mom, Dad."

"Your parents are here. Please may I speak to them?"

"Uh! Of course." She let Juan in.

Juan was a little confused on who were her parents. "Please you all look the same age. Who are Genevieve's parents?"

"We are Juan." Shaun pointed to Colleen and himself.

"Ah! Senor Riley." He bowed to Shaun, "and Senora Riley." He kissed her hand.

"I would like to take Genevieve for a walk if it is all right with you?"

"It is fine with us Juan." He had a huge smile.

"Thank you Senor Riley. Senora Riley." He bowed to them and took Gen's hand and led her out the door.

I looked at my children. "Do either of you have any plans tonight before I sit back down?"

"Not me Momma." Cassie yawned. "I am ready for my sleep cycle."

"I am going on patrol with Uncle Athos in a few hours. Those are my plans."

I nodded to them and sat back down. "But tomorrow night it is a different story. Cassie and I and some of the Guards are going to swim the Irish Sea." Quinn was telling us.

"Really? In animal form or human form?"

"I do not know yet Grandpa. It depends on how fast we want to cross the sea." Quinn answered.

"How many are going Quinn?" Paddy asked. "There is about ten of us not counting Cassie and I."

"And that is the reason I am going to have some sleep before we go. Good night all." Cassie gave everyone a kiss a good night including her brother. Some thing she always does. She went to her room.

"I think I better get a couple of hours sleep also." Quinn got up, kissed everyone and went to his room.

We laughed. "They sure grow up fast." Paddy said. "Yes they do, Son." Shaun smiled at his son. Shaun touched Colleen's cheek.

"It was a lovely meal as always but it is time for our sleep cycle too."

"All right Shaun. Good night. Sleep well." Shaun and Colleen kissed the both of us goodnight. They left.

It was just the two of us left. Paddy helped with the clean up.

When we were done. We went for a swim. It was time for Paddy's sleep cycle too.

We made love then I laid down with him. Paddy held me in his arms while he slept. I heard Quinn getting ready for his patrol. I snuggled in closer to Paddy.