Untitled Part 19

I was in his room waiting by the door. He was washing his hands and face. He was drying his face when he turned to face me. He brought down the towel.

"What the...How did you get in here?" He said startled.

"That does not matter. I am in here now." I smiled.

"Why are you here?"

"What I want is for you to stop hurting my friend. She is a gentle animal so stop hurting her or you will be the one getting hurt." I showed him my teeth.

"My dear Lady. I have not hurt anyone. I just go to work then come back here. I do not see anyone that you would be associated with."

"Really? What kind of work do you do?"

"I feed the animals at the King's zoo."

"I did say she was a gentle animal."

"You mean it is one of the animals that is your friend."

"All the animals are my friends but the elephant is an important friend. If you do not stop hurting her and her baby." I moved at vampire speed to him which scared him. "I will make the exception to hurt you."

"Do you understand?"

"Perfectly Lady." He said nervously.

"Now what are you going to do tomorrow?"

"I am going to be nice to all the animals."

"That is right, you are because I will know if you are not then I will come back to see you again. I will not be alone."

"Yes Lady. I understand." He licked his lips nervously.

"Good." I patted his cheek but I left my hand there long enough for him to feel the difference in body temperatures. His eyes grew really big.

"I am glad we understand each other." With a blink of an eye I was out of the room down the hall and out through the second story window. I landed softly in the dark alley.

I turned around and kissed Paddy.

"Remind me never to have you angry with me." He smiled and kissed me back.

We heard the man come out of his room. Someone must have been passing by. He asked him if he had seen a woman in a black outfit go by. The other man laughed and told him. "He had had too much ale."

We heard two doors close. The man I had just scared was talking to himself.

"But I have not had a drop yet."

Paddy held me in his arms.

"Do you think it will work?"

"I hope so he does not smell good at all. Even with the animal smell on him." I wrinkled up my nose. Paddy kissed it. "Let us go home." I nodded.

We walked to the end of the alley. We were just about to run across the road into the woods. When I stopped Paddy and pointed down the road.

Pete Henry was talking to some sailors. We moved closer to them.

"So you have what I want?" Pete was asking the sailors.

"Yes Pete. Four crates and four barrels just like you asked and paid for." The sailor with the Blonde Braid said.

"Good. My buyer is most anxious for the Haarbus. He wants to go fox hunting with them." Pete was telling them.

"There will be nothing left of the fox if he uses that." The Redheaded sailor said.

"Well I do not think he plans to eat it." They laughed.

"No I guess not." Blonde Braid said.

"Come on Pete. The wagon is over by the warehouse. You can use it but make sure you bring it back or it is an additionally charge." Redheaded said.

"Of course. I do not need a wagon."

They walked towards the docks. We followed Pete. He was on the wagon.

"I hope you do not mind but I have to check the shipment."

"I would not expect anything less." Pete pried open the crates and checked the contents.

"Twenty five in each crate?" Pete asked.

"Yes." Blond Braid said. Pete nodded.

"And four barrels of gunpowder and shot."

"That is right." Redheaded answered.

"Good I will take them now. I should not be too long. It is not far from here."

"All right Pete. We will be at the inn beside the warehouse."

"The Pig's Knuckle." Redheaded nodded.

Pete headed away from the docks. We stayed in the shadows and following close by. We were surprised when he turned into Tudor Castle's stable yard. Some of the stable hands came to give him a hand with the crates. He disappeared for a few minutes and came back with the Prince.

"If the Prince knows about Haarbus. I guess everything is all right." Paddy whispered to me.

We followed Pete back to the inn. He returned the wagon then he went back to his room on Brighton Way. He went to the same room I left a few hours earlier.

We heard him tell his friend that he had delivered the first shipment to the Prince.

He was pleased with the purchase.

"Jaxon are you all right? You look like you have seen a ghost."

"I think I have Pete and a very beautiful ghost it was." He said quietly.

"What did this ghost want?"

"She did not like the way I was treating the animals at the Zoo. She has scared me silly Pete."

"I can see that Jaxon. What will she do if you do not listen to her?"

"She is going to bring some people with her next time. I think Pete she wanted to bite me. She kept showing me her teeth."

"Bite you? Come on Jaxon. You know she will not really bite you."

"She moved fast Pete. Real fast."

"Well. Let me know if she comes back. I would like to meet her." He sounded a little sceptical.

"I will Pete. I will."

Paddy took my hand and we ran back home. Shaun was in the training square pacing. "What took you so long? I was worried."

Shaun came and hugged me.

"We had a little side trip."

"Oh? What kind of side trip." Paddy looked around.

"Come and have some tea with me Father."

Shaun smiled. "All right Son."

We left for our quarters. I checked to see if the children were around.

"They are swimming with Gen and Cory, Kylie."

"Thank you Shaun." He smiled.

"Now what about this side trip?"

We told him about me scaring Jaxon and following Pete to the Prince.

"So the Prince is in on this too." Shaun said.

"It seems the Prince needs a hundred Haarbus to go fox hunting."

"He is not fox hunting. He is up to something else."

"Yes but what Father?"

"We will just have to wait and see."