Untitled Part 40

"There is a large fire burning in the North." Athos said. We fed then we went to investigate.

The fire was eating up everything in its path. We ran around it. It took us an hour. The wind was blowing the fire straight to London. We returned to the cavern.

We met Paddy, Serina and Anna coming out of the beach entrance.

"What took you so long?" Paddy hugged me. "And why do you smell like wood smoke?"

"That is what took us so long. There is a very large fire North of the city. It took us an hour to run around it."

"Come on. We will let Father know."

We ran in the cavern. We found Shaun. He was still in our quarters.

Shaun took one look at Athos, Julian and I.

"What happened?" The room went quiet.

"There is a large fire burning North of London. It is heading straight for us."

"Cassie, Quinn summon all the Guard to the training square. The rest of us will check out the fire."

Cassie and Quinn rang the bell in the training square. It was not a loud bell but vampires and werewolves could hear it.

The rest of the Shapeshifters shifted into albatrosses and flew out of the cavern.

By the time all the Guards were assembled in the training square. We stood waiting for their return. It was a while before they returned. We were starting to become anxious.

Finally, they were back. We were holding their robes. Cassie, Quinn and I held up a robe for each of them.

"Report Shaun." Councilman Klaus asked.

"Well Sir the fire has consumed everything North of the city." Shaun turned to Athos. "How far from the city limits was the fire when you saw it, Athos?"

"Roughly a hundred miles away."

Shaun nodded. "It is about five miles closer now." He turned back to the Council. "At its present rate it will be at the city limits in about twenty to twenty-four hours. The fire is burning extremely hot. We had to fly very high to getaway from the heat."

"What is your plan, Shaun?" Councilman Klaus asked.

"I think it would be best if we all left London until it passes."

"Very good but where would we go?" He inquired.

"I am working on that Sir." Shaun said.

"Councilman Klaus if I may?" Athos said stepping forward.

"Go ahead Athos."

"Anna and I are going to my home in Loren. You are all welcome to come."

"That is very kind of you Athos. We will consider it."

Paddy and Shaun signed quickly to each other. What I caught is that they were both in agreement with going to Loren. They knew the area and it would be easy to protect the Council.

"Sir, I think going to Loren would be the best. A few of us know the area." Shaun told the Council. "Athos it looks like we are taking you up on your offer."

"I am pleased Sir."

"All right, Shaun. We all will not fit on my ship. How do you want to do this?"

"Well Sir. The vampires and my family can swim across then run to Loren. The werewolves will need a boat to cross then they can run the rest of the way."