Untitled Part 68

33

Cassie and I helped the Elders with their preparations for the gathering. It helped pass the time. Paddy and Quinn had been gone for almost two months.

Cassie enjoyed doing the cooking for a change.

"Mom I did not know you were able to eat food?"

"Only when I am carrying one of you."

"Really? That means you are having a shifter."

"It certainly looks like it." I smiled.

The little one fluttered in my belly. I stopped eating until it settled again.

Cassie watched me. "Mom are you all right?"

"Oh yes." I nodded. "The little one was moving around. I think it likes your cooking." She giggled. "That is amazing." She looked at me shyly. "Would I be able to feel the baby moving inside you?" I nodded. "The best time is when I am laying down." She was all excited. "You can feel the baby after we finish eating."

She quickly finished her meal and cleaned up the kitchen. I moved slowly. I needed to float in the water for a while but I will let Cassie feel the baby first.

I laid down on the bed. She snuggled in beside me. I put her hand on my slightly protruding belly. She felt the fluttering and the occasionally kick.

"Can I listen too?"

"Sure." She put her head on my belly gently. She listened for a while.

"Mom is it possible for the heartbeat to have an echo?" I smiled. I have been listening to the echo for awhile.

"I am not sure Cassie. I have never heard an echo with you or Quinn."

"How strange?" She put her hand down again.

"When Dad is back he will know what it means?"

"What what means?" Paddy said from the door.

"Dad you are back." Cassie leaped from the bed into his arms.

She gave him a big hug. She stopped. Quinn was behind him. "Quinn!" She hugged her brother. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." They hugged for a long time. Paddy sat beside me on the bed. He put his hand on my belly and smiled. I sat up and held him tight. He could feel all the kicking the baby was doing.

"Active?" He whispered.

"Very." He smiled. Then we kissed. I heard the door close quietly.

We made passionate love. We missed each other greatly.

I got up from the bed. "Where are you going?"

"I have not said hello to Quinn yet." He smiled.

"I think you better do that."

"When I come back do you want to go for a swim?"

"Definitely."

I slipped a baggy dress over me and went to find Quinn. He was sitting in the kitchen with Cassie. I walked up behind him.

"Welcome back Quinn."

"Mom." He spun around so fast and held me in his arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." He looked down at my belly and smiled. "Am I going to have a brother or another sister?"

"Yes you are."

"Great. I am going to enjoy teaching it."

"Good."