Untitled Part 24

13

We had been cleaning out some of the storage rooms for Wilbert's family. At last count, he was up to a hundred families and each family had more than two children. Plus all the single men and women which was another fifty people.

We needed room for at least five hundred people give or take.

We found a lot of straw mattresses and placed them against the walls. We kept a wide path down the center of the rooms.

The only ones that needed the beds were the werewolves and the children but if the vampires were like me. They would like to lay down with their mates while they slept.

Cassie, Gen, Colleen and I were finishing up one of the rooms when we heard a large crowd enter the cavern through the beach entrance.

We knew it was huge because the sound of all the people talking was getting quite loud to the point that we had to shout at each other to be heard.

"That must be Wilbert and his family arriving." Colleen shouted.

I signed back. 'Yes. It must be. We should go up and greet them.'

'All right. Let us do that.' Colleen signed back.

We entered the training square it was packed with people. They were vampires, werewolves and a lot of mixed bloods. I called the mixed bloods: Love children. If you loved your partner that much to bring a child into the relationship then they were well loved.

In Wilbert's family all the children were well loved.

"Kylie, over here. Kylie." I was looking to see who was calling me. I could hear them but I could not see them.

I kept looking around this tall man in front of me. I looked at him. He was a very tall, brown eyed handsome man. "Kylie it is you?" He said. I looked at the eyes again. "Samuel?" He nodded. "You are so tall. You are the same height as Paddy."

"Really? I am that tall. I remember him towering over me." Samuel was saying.

"Now you will be eye to eye to him." Samuel smiled.

"How have you been Kylie?"

"I have been very well Samuel. I would like you to meet Colleen. This is Paddy's mother." He took her hand and kissed it. "Colleen, this is Samuel. One of Wilbert's grandsons."

"Nice to meet you Samuel." She said. "This is Gen. Paddy's sister." He kissed her hand. "Gen this is Samuel." I turned to Cassie. "This is Cassie. Our daughter." He kissed her hand. "Daughter? You were finally able to have a child. That is wonderful Kylie."

He looked at the Rileys and smiled. "Paddy's family has some very beautiful ladies in it and very talented."

"Oh Samuel, you have became quite the charmer." I looked at the ladies with me. They looked a little confused then it came to me. They did not know his talent.

"Samuel is able to tell what you are by just touching your hand."

"That is amazing. Just by touching." Colleen shook her head.

Shaun walked up behind us. Samuel smiled.

"Paddy it is good to see you again."

We turned to see Shaun standing behind Colleen about to give her a kiss.

"Samuel, this is Shaun. Paddy's father."

"Please excuse my mistake, Sir." Samuel was embarrassed.

"It is all right. It happens to us all the time."

"Shaun this is Samuel. One of Wilbert's grandsons." They shook hands.

"Paddy will be in later. He is helping bring in all the cargo from the boats."

Shaun signed. 'Quinn is with him.' I nodded.

Wilbert walked over to us. "Samuel you must introduce me."

"Of course Grandfather. You remember Kylie?" But he did not. You could tell just by the look on his face. "Yes of course. How are you doing Kylie?"

"I am fine Wilbert."

"This is Colleen, Gen, Cassie and Shaun Riley."

"How are you all?" Before any one could answer. He bowed to us then turned away.

"Samuel what is wrong with Wilbert? He acted like he does not know us."

"Grandfather fell asleep ten years ago for an entire month when he woke up. He could not remember anything. We still do not know what made him fall asleep."

Samuel looked after his grandfather worriedly.

"You are not able to pick up anything from him?"

"No Kylie I have tried. I held his hand while he slept. I could not find anything wrong with him."

"How is Mikalia doing?"

"My grandmother is doing very well. Everyone goes to her for advice now. She is the one who wanted to bring the entire family here." I looked around for her. I could not see her.

"Kylie she is usually with the young ones. Find the children. You will find her."

"Thank you Samuel but I better go see if Paddy needs any help with unloading."

"May I come with you Kylie?" I nodded. Cassie came with us.

"I will see you later." Colleen looked sad. I touched her hand. She nodded that she was all right.

We kept to one side as we walked to the beach entrance. There was a lot of cargo coming in. Even food.

"Mikalia has thought of everything. She has even brought food."

"Yes Kylie. Grandmother did not want to be a burden to anyone especially with the size of our family. We came over on three ships. One just for food."

"One thing about your grandmother. She is very thorough."

"Yes she is."

We found Paddy directing the workers.

Clothing and personnel items went to the bedrooms. The food crates went to the kitchen where Katey was putting it away. As long as she knew where it was. She will be able to find it back.

"Paddy you remember Samuel?"

"Samuel how are you?" Paddy was very pleased to see him. They had been writing to each other for decades. "I am fine Paddy. I have met your family especially your lovely daughter Cassie." I glanced at Cassie. She was blushing.

"You have not met my brother or son yet, have you?"

"No. You have a son also." Samuel was smiling. "And a brother. They are all blood related?"

"Yes Samuel. None created. All born."

I was a little confused on how this conversation was going. Created. Born. I wonder what that was all about. Paddy glanced at me. He noticed my confusion. He signed. 'I'll explain later.' I nodded.

"Paddy this is the last crate." One of the workers told him. Paddy checked his master sheet to see where it went. He was confused.

"Samuel it says here that it is a gift for the Council."

"Yes Grandmother made sure she had something special for the Council. I have no idea what it is. She has been getting it ready for the last year."

"Really?" Paddy said. He turned to one of the workers. "Walter put the last crate in the training square. If my father asks why? Tell him to come and see me."