Untitled Part 81

40

During the next two weeks thousands of shapeshifters arrived for the gathering. I never had smelled so many combinations of animals before. Thank goodness I am able to remember whose scent is whose.

The Elders were in the square welcoming other Elders so far there were Elders from twenty different clans from all over Europe, Asia and Africa.

Many had not seen other shifters in a long time. A lot were like the Rileys staying in one area and not traveling too far from home.

Lizzy, Liam and Colleen were talking to some old friends. A man looked a lot like Liam stood behind him. He reached out slowly to Liam.

"Father?" Liam's head snapped up. "Theo?" He turned around to face his long lost son. "Theo!" He hugged him.

Colleen and Lizzy were hugging each other and crying. Liam finally stepped back and looked at his son.

"Theo it is so ..."

"I know Papa I know." He turned to Lizzy. "Mother." They embraced. Theo lifted her off her feet and spun her around. He set her back on her feet and kissed both cheeks then he turned to Colleen.

"Hey little sister, who is now a beautiful woman." She whispered shyly. "Theo!" She kissed both of his cheeks then his lips. "Welcome back."

The Elders that had been talking to them leaned over to Liam. "Liam, I will speak to later. You have more important things to do right now." The man smiled.

"Thank you Charles." The man left and went to another group to say hello.

"Theo tell us where you have been?"

"It is a long story Dad."

"I am sure it is."

"We can go to my quarters, sit and talk over some tea."

"That little sister is a wonderful idea." Theo smiled at his sister. They left arm in arm out of the crowd of people.

I had been standing to one side during the reunion. Shaun came up behind me.

"Who is walking with his arm around my wife?"

"Her brother Theo."

"Theo? He is back. That is ..." He was speechless. He started to go after them.

"No. I will let them talk without anyone bothering them." I guess the look on my face required an explanation. "He has been gone for over a thousand years Kylie. They have a lot to talk about."

"I think so."

He signaled to all his children to come to him. "If you are hungry go to Kylie's quarters. Your mother's family is having a small gathering of their own."

"What is it Dad?"

"Its more like who it is? Your mother's brother, Theo, is here."

"The one ..." Cory said quietly.

"Yes him. We will hear his story later."

"I understand." Cory said.

"Me too." Gen said.

Quinn had Melissa on his shoulders. "Dadda." She reached for him. "Hey Sweety, are you ready for your sleep now?"

She yawned. "You can put her down in my bed Grandpa?"

"Thank you Quinn."

He left with her. We watched them leave the square. She waved to everyone as she past them.