Untitled Part 42

In the distance the only buildings that were still standing was Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and London Bridge because of their stone work.

"Oh Momma, everything is gone." Cassie whispered beside me.

"Fire does not discriminate." I said.

Paddy hugged Cassie, Quinn came and hugged me. "It is all gone." Quinn whispered. "Why does it feel like a graveyard?"

"A lot of people died here Quinn. There are a lot of bodies in the ashes." He nodded. "I can smell them." We were walking around. Paddy and Cassie came over to us. "I have seen enough. Let us go." Paddy had tears running down his cheeks.

We walked towards the Thames. The walk from this boarding house used to take thirty minutes at a mortal pace. With no buildings in the way it took five minutes.

We swam back to Amsterdam then ran back to Loren. It was close to midnight. The Council was waiting at the grotto for us.

"Ah! Good you have returned safely. What have you found out?" Councilman Klaus asked.

Paddy started with what we found the library, all our quarters and their chambers. He ended with what he had done in our beds.

"What purpose would it serve to know all of Kylie's descendants? I do not understand." Councilman Klaus shook his head.

"Maybe some sort of revenge?" Paddy suggested.

"Why Kylie?" Councilman Klaus was lost for words.

"It could have some thing to do with Michael's sentencing. He was the one that assaulted Kylie and he is being punished extra for it."

"Perhaps Paddy." Councilman Klaus thought for a moment. "We have not carried out Michael's punishment yet. We wanted to keep an eye on Michael John until your return." We nodded. "Go have something to eat all of you." He smiled. "You did well."

We bowed then left.

If Katey knows that there is a patrol coming in late. She usually leaves a pot of stew simmering on the stove. She banks the coals in the stove to the farthest corner then leaves the pot at the opposite corner.

I served the food to my family then sat and watched them eat.

"Kylie do you need to feed after?" Paddy pointed to his food. I nodded. I cleaned up after them then it was my turn to eat.

The Council returned just before dawn. They had Michael John under constant surveillance. He was classed as a very suspicious person. Not one of the Guard trusted him.

They decided to hold court in Athos' stable. Some of the Guards had attached shackles to the rafters for Michael's flogging.

Walter, Barry, Dennis and Philip brought Michael in. Michael John followed and watched one of his 'pets' get shackled.

Michael John stood there looking at us with a 'I know something you do not' look but the thing is, we do know.

Cassie, Gen, Colleen and I were standing guard for the Council. I noticed Michael John kept staring at the Councilwoman. I looked to see why. She was wearing her sword as well.

Michael John stood there waiting for his whip to flog Michael with. He kept looking around but always came back to Councilwoman Cleo's sword.

Shaun, Paddy, Quinn and Cory came in carrying a metal cage like the one Michael John's 'pets' were in.

Shaun bowed to the Council. "Look what we found." He smiled broadly.

"Very good Shaun. That will come in very handy."