Untitled Part 8

6

In the Rileys' quarters Colleen, Gen, Cassie and I made a huge meal. Everyone was hungry after all the excitement. As we were setting the table. Cassie wanted to ask her grandmother something.

"What ever it is you want to ask, ask it?" She nodded to me.

"Grandma, how long is Grandpa going to keep Mathew staked?" She was really curious. "Well the law says a year and I know your grandfather, it will be a year."

"A year that is all." She was disappointed.

"No Honey. That is not all. Mathew will have the stake removed then he will be given enough blood to rejuvenate then the Council will rip him apart and burn the pieces."

"Well that is good. I guess. As long he is not going around kidnapping and poisoning people anymore." She nodded with satisfaction.

"No, I think, we have put an end to his activities Cassie."

Cassie smiled. She relaxed so did Gen. All the food was on the table.

"Dinner is ready." Our men came walking in. "It smells good in here what have you girls been up to?" Shaun said teasingly to Colleen. "Sit down and find out." She teased back. They gave each other a quick kiss.

I served the food then sat down beside Paddy. I was watching Paddy, Shaun, Cory and Quinn it was not hard to tell that these four were related. The similarities were uncanny especially between Shaun and Paddy.

I have heard people mistaken them for the other especially if we were around mortals like at a function or at the market. Quinn has a lot of his father's traits but I can see a bit of Willem and Hennie when he smiles.

Cassie and Gen were following Colleen's side. Cassie however was proportioned like me breasts and hips. She is tall like Paddy and her older half sister, Hennie.

I started listening to the conversation. The Rileys were having guests. I think I missed something.

"So in their letter," Shaun was saying, "They will be passing close to London and they might drop in to see us." Shaun did not look happy by the idea.

"When was the last time Grandpa and Grandma were here for a visit?" Cory asked. "It has been close to three hundred years since they have been here. They travel a great deal usually with the Norsemen but this time it seems it will be just the two of them."

"It would be nice to meet them." Gen said excitedly.

"We will see Gen if it is so nice to meet them."

"What do you mean Papa?" Gen was confused so was the rest of us.

"They are not the nicest people in the world and they might be still upset that I did not follow them."

"Follow them? Pop what are you talking about?" Cory asked. Shaun was turning red. "What your father is trying to say is that his parents were upset that he did not travel with them. Instead he stayed here with me. Do not be shocked if they are not too friendly towards me."

"Father's parents do not like you?"

"Something like that, Cory. Anyway they will be here in a few days. They will visit, create havoc and then leave." Colleen looked at all of us in the eye. "Do not take anything they say to heart, all of you." She stressed. "They can be very cruel."

We nodded.

Cassie and I helped Colleen and Gen clean up the kitchen.

Quinn and Cory were playing chess. Cory was a very good player. Quinn was learning a lot from him. Especially on how to lose gracefully.