Untitled Part 54

28

It was six weeks before the European patrol returned. There were some interesting things happening in the human world.

Colleen and I made a huge meal for our children and their guests. Annabelle, Juan and Samuel were joining us for our evening meal. We were listening to their tales. There is a lot of activity in Romania. There is a man named Vlad Dracul. He drinks the blood of his enemies.

Gen's group went to investigate this man. Vlad was not a vampire but very cruel to his enemies. He would impale them on posts outside their homes. It was a warning to the others. They were calling him Vlad the Impaler.

Colleen and I listened from the kitchen.

Everything was ready. "Time to eat." I said a little louder than normal.

"Ah a home cooked meal. I so missed that." Gen said.

"I know what you mean, Sis."

I served some chilled blood to the vampires. Councilwoman Cleo was becoming quite good at it.

"This is almost as good as Grandmother's. Did you make it Kylie?"

"No Annabelle. Councilwoman Cleo is very good student. She is following Mikalia's instructions to the letter."

"Well tell her she is doing a fantastic job."

"I will. She will be very pleased."

We watched Quinn, Cory, Cassie and Gen savouring every mouthful.

"You look like you have not had a good meal in a while." Colleen observed.

"We have not Grandma. It is not easy cooking when you are constantly on the move." Quinn told her.

"I guess not." Colleen laughed to herself.

Melissa was helping Quinn eat his meal. She would pick up a handful of food and shove it in his mouth. It was a good thing he was a fast eater.

They were talking about Kings and Queens looking for another route to India and the Orient. There were a lot of ships being built for that purpose. Many had already left on their quest. Some they think are lost at sea. They have been gone for a long time. Some over two years.

"Paddy can you take me to West Minster Abbey?" Samuel asked him.

"Certainly Samuel. You want to see the sights?"

"No I am meeting some friends there." Paddy nodded. He glanced at Juan and Annabelle. They were grinning then he looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

The children went to give their report to the Council. We all attended the meeting. It was required. We would have gone any way. We were all curious to hear what was happening since the last patrol in Europe.

It was pretty much what they had told us at our meal. They had added the attack on Quinn's patrol in Denmark.

They finished with the activities of Vlad the Impaler.

The Council shook their heads at this. "We will keep an eye on this Dracul and to think mortals think this is what a vampire does." Councilman Antonio just shook his head.

"Samuel, do you have anything to add to this report?"

"No Sir. I have nothing to add." He bowed to the Council. "Thank you Councilman Antonio."

Councilman Klaus stood up and adjoined the meeting.

The next day we brought Samuel, Annabelle and Juan to West Minster Abbey. They did not go into the Abbey. They headed into the little group of trees that surrounded the Abbey.