Untitled Part 15

9

A month later Gen came back from visiting Pete Henry.

"Momma. Kylie. Pete has asked me to a ball. It is going to be held at the Tudor castle." Colleen and I looked at each other. "I know you do not normally go to the ones here in Great Britain. He is not able to travel like us." Colleen was a little hesitant.

"Oh! All right. Seeing as you put it that way. You will have to have a chaperone. You maybe sixty-five years old Gen but to the humans. You are still a young woman in need of a chaperone."

"I understand but who here is invited to the ball?" Colleen smiled. "Not to worry Gen. There is always a way to get invited to Tudor Castle. We just have to ask Walter."

Gen smile brighten the room. "When I see Pete in a few days. I will tell him it will be all right for me to go."

"You are not seeing him before that?"

"No Kylie. He will be busy at the docks with some shipments coming in."

"Well the man needs to make a living."

Athos, Julian and Vincent had shipments coming in also. That they needed to monitor. They were coming from South of France, Middle East and Africa.

While they were at the dockyards they noticed Pete Henry and who he was associated with. Having never met him only heard his name. They were able to watch him.

After a few days the three of them sat down with Shaun, Paddy and Cory to tell them about what they observed.

Paddy told me later what Pete Henry was into. He was smuggling things into Great Britain. He has dealings with Nicholai Von Kessel from Moscow, Vincent's distant cousin.

"Should we tell Gen about him? I do not want her to be hurt by him."

"Neither do I but how?" I thought for a moment. "I will think of something."

Councilman Klaus and Antonio knocked at our door. Paddy let them in.

"Ah! Gentlemen. You have come to expand our living quarters." They both nodded. "Yes we have Paddy."

They walked in. I was confused. I was staring at Paddy. "Oh I asked the Councilmen if they could come and expand our quarters."

"I understand that but how?"

"That is right. You have never seen this done before."

Now I was very confused. The look on my face must have been very funny because they all started to laugh.

"Well it is like this Kylie." Councilman Antonio was explaining the process. "Klaus here freezes the rock then the two of us hit it. The rock crumbles. We move it out of the way then do it again until we have the size of the room we want."

"Oh I see." This is going to be interesting.

"How do you think all these rooms were made?" He said.

"I do not know Councilman Antonio. I thought they were here, naturally made." He smiled grandfatherly.

"No my dear. We made these rooms. When ever someone is in need of more room. We just came and break the rock until the desired size."

"Interesting."

"All right. Where do you want the extra room?" Councilman Klaus asked.

"Beside Cassie's room if it is possible." Councilman Klaus felt the rock with his hands. "Yes there is enough space here for another room. The same size as Cassie's?"

"Yes Sir."

"All right Antonio ready?" The Councilman nodded.

Councilman Klaus froze the rock. I knew this because it turned white with frost. Then the two of them hit it with their hands. The rock crumbled under the force. They moved very quickly within an hour, we had another room.

They had pushed the loose rock to one side of the common room. I did not say anything but I am sure they had a plan for the loose rock.

They did. A group of twenty Guardsmen came in with wooden buckets the size of a barrel. They scooped up the rock then left with it.

When they came back for another load. They were dripping wet.

Paddy chuckled.

"They are spreading it on the riverbed." I laughed and shook my head. "It never ceases to amaze me on what we are capable of."

Everyone laughed.

In the next few hours the new room and our common room were cleared of the rumble. I was sweeping up the dust when Cassie and Quinn returned from their patrol with their grandfather.

Shaun walked in with a knowing smile. "It always amazes me how they do this." Shaun walked into the new room and looked around.

"Momma where did that room come from?"

"Well Quinn, Uncle Klaus and Antonio made the room."

"Really? They are going to have to show me how they did that?"

"It was quite amazing. I watched them and I still do not believe how they did it." Councilman Klaus walked to the doorway. "Quinn you want to see how it is done?"

"Yes Uncle Klaus I would." Quinn said a little shyly.

"Cassie are you interested also?" She smiled. "Yes Uncle Klaus."

"Good. Come here and I will show you." They walked into the room to see. "You see how part of the rock is sticking out from the wall."

"Yes." I heard them say. "I will freeze some of it and Antonio will give it a hit."

They watched as the Councilmen put the finishing touches on the room.

"Can you show me how to do that Uncle Klaus?" Councilman Klaus smiled.

"Well Quinn first you have to be able to freeze the rock then be able to break it with your hands."

"I guess the freezing part is important?"

"Yes Quinn it is."

"Well I just will have to find a way so I can do it." Everyone laughed. "I am sure you will find a way Quinn. Something tells me you just might find a way."

We thanked the Councilmen before they left.

"Papa why did we need another room?" Paddy put his arm around his son. "Quinn I think you are old enough to have your own room."

"Just like Cassie. All right." Quinn ran into the room and looked around. "What do I sleep on Papa?"

"Do not worry. You will have all your furniture soon. You will need a bed, a table and chair, bookcases, a place to put your clothes."

"I need all that?"

"Yes Quinn you do." He smiled. "I guess I am old enough."

"Yes son you are but for now. You are still sharing our room."

"All right Papa." Quinn was smiling quite happily.

Paddy and I decided the other night that we needed to have our privacy also. Quinn we discovered can be a light sleeper.

"Papa can I move my bed in tonight?" Paddy glanced at me. "I do not see why not."