Untitled Part 74

Paddy and I nodded to Cory and Cassie. They stepped in their places in the Guard line.

They rode in ten different carriages. The Guard ran beside them. There was quite a welcoming group when we arrived at Wilbert's home.

Councilman Klaus and Councilwoman Cleo rode with Wilbert and Mikalia in the third carriage. This is where Paddy and I positioned ourselves. Two to a carriage carrying the Council. The rest were off the road watching for intruders.

We helped them out of the carriages.

"Wilbert, Mikalia you have a lovely home."

"Thank you Councilwoman Cleo." Mikalia said shyly. We followed them into the house. Inside Mikalia out did herself. She had a spread of food. Lots of chilled blood for sipping. I could even smell a number of mortals.

I glanced at Paddy. He raised his eyebrows. I signaled to him about the mortals. He shook his head.

"Please Madam and Sirs. Please sit down." Wilbert showed them to some chairs he had set up near the patio.

Vincent, Hugo and Curtis brought the Council's bags. Paddy, Cory, Quinn and Barry went to retrieve our bags.

"Would you like some refreshments before I show you to your rooms?"

"That would be wonderful, Wilbert."

Wilbert smiled. He poured some chilled blood for each of them.

I was standing near the patio door. I stepped back and stood just outside the door watching. The breeze was enough that I could not smell the blood. Paddy nodded to me. He knew why I did that.

While standing out here. I could hear all the sounds around the house. There were some people in the kitchen cooking. The children were in a large room at one end of the house. They were playing. The horses were in the stable being fed.

And there was some rustling noises coming from the garden. I turned towards them. It had a low buzzing sound like when a lot of people were talking in an excited whisper. I moved towards it.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Paddy. I pointed towards the noise. He nodded. We pulled our swords out of their scabbard. The whispering had some giggles and snickering in it. Paddy stopped us. He signed that he would shift and fly over the bushes to see what was there. I nodded.

I watched him fly over. He came back and dressed. He leaned close to me and whispered in my ear. "There is a large group of people. They are all holding a sheet of paper."

"Nothing else?" He shook his head. I shrugged my shoulders.

"My young friends what are you doing out here?" Wilbert smiled mischievously. I pointed towards the bushes. "Yes I will explain their presents shortly. I will tell you this. They are here to see the Council. They mean them no harm. Truly Paddy."

"All of them?" Paddy was shocked. "Yes Paddy. You will understand shortly. I will explain everything in due time."

Paddy looked towards the group of people then back again. He nodded. "All right for now, Wilbert."

We went back to the patio doors. Wilbert went back to his guests. Paddy and I stayed where we could keep an eye on everyone.

The Council was finished with their refreshments.

"Now come with me. I will show you to your rooms."

"Thank you Wilbert." Councilman Klaus said.

We followed them upstairs. The Council was given a large room each.

Quinn, Curtis, Hugo and Vincent brought up their bags. Paddy did a quick check of the Council's rooms. I stayed in the corridor with Julian and Scott.

I whispered to them what we found in the garden. We knew they were here for a reason. We just did not know what yet.

The four Council members came out in robes and holding towels.

"I have expanded my bathing pool below us. Please follow me." Wilbert was also in a robe.

We walked down into the bedrock Wilbert's house was sitting on. I could smell the water.

"Wilbert it is the size of the common bathing pool in London. It is beautiful."

"Thank you Councilwoman Cleo. We have been working hard on this for quite some time. I am glad you like it."

They all dove into it. The Guard positioned themselves along the beach. The shifters went into the water and stayed along the rock wall surrounding the pool.

I had never seen any Council swim before. It was not hard to spot their white skin against the dark water.

Councilwoman Cleo walked out of the water. I held up her towel. She wrapped herself up. The rest of the Council followed.

"That was most refreshing Wilbert. Thank you."

"You are welcome Councilwoman Cleo. I am pleased you enjoyed it." We walked back up to their rooms.

I had not seen Samuel yet. He must be busy. Before the Council entered their rooms. We checked them again.

About ten minutes later four mortals were sent up as their maid and valets. They were really their meal if they should become thirsty.

They stood near us as we waited for the Council members to open their doors. Barry's eyes turned red. He turned away. I checked their clothing for anything that might harm the Council. Their human scents were embedded in our memories.

Councilman Mario opened his door first.

"Sir, I am here to help you get settled. My name is Franco." He said with a slight Spanish accent.

"Ah yes come in Franco." Franco did not seem surprised by Councilman Mario's appearance. Wilbert probably told them about being white.

The rest of the mortals were inside the rooms with the Council. We waited. As they left a short time later they looked a little dazed.

The Council members were ready for their meeting with Wilbert.

One of Wilbert's sons showed us to the playroom. I heard that low buzzing noise coming from the room. Paddy and I nodded to each other. We were the first ones through the door.

It was large groups of werewolves and mixed bloods with Wilbert's family. It was larger than the group that Samuel brought to London.

The Council's maid and valets had brought down their ink and parchment. It was set up on one of the side tables. The Council took their seats.

The first group was brought to the table. Eight in total: four to be registered, four who were bringing them in to be registered.

I noticed that some of the people in the group were from the group Samuel had brought to London. They work fast.

It took three days to register everyone. In that time my family had their sleep cycles so did the werewolves and mixed bloods.

Wilbert kept the newly registered people in the garden. He had a large celebration planned. After three days of continual registering. The Council was ready for another swim. This time we all joined them.

I was on duty in the corridor when Mikalia came up.

"Good day Mikalia. Who would you like to see?"

"You." She pointed at me. I could see the tears in her eyes. She could feel the echoes from my recent delivery.

"Oh Kylie." She hugged me.

Paddy, Cassie and Quinn were standing behind her. Paddy put his hand on my cheek. "Go with Mikalia. You have not had a break since we arrived." I nodded.