Untitled Part 22

12

Forty Years Later

Time moves fast when you watch your children grow and mature. It was no different for a vampire and a shapeshifter.

Paddy and I watched Cassie and Quinn mature into fine respectful people.

Paddy and I enjoyed each others company more and more. Cassie and Quinn were always giggling when we were talking quietly. Of course they could hear everything we said but when we did not want them to know we would sign to each other.

There was a knock at the door one night.

Athos, Anna, Julian, Serina, Curtis, Zeus, Scott, Vincent, Hugo, Tessa, Gillian, the Rileys and the Council came in. I was very confused about this sudden visit from everyone. Paddy and the children were smiling.

"What do I owe the honour of such a prestigious visit?" They all looked a little unsure. Athos cleared his throat. "Well we did not know the proper sentiment. It is not your birthday but it has been a hundred years since you were made into a vampire. What a century it has been."

"You have been registered, completed your assignment, helped bring the werewolves to the Guard, and became a mother which still amazes me. You have a fine husband and two beautiful children. You are respected by all who come to know you."

"I am so glad I was the one who made you a vampire."

I looked at my family and friends. I have been truly blessed with this second life.

"I am speechless. I never really knew what day I became a vampire. I just knew it was during a two week span. That I can not remember."

"So thank you all of you."

Gen brought out a cake she had made.

"This is for the food eating group." She said.

Athos put his arm around me. "I would like to go feed with you for the last time. It has been a hundred years. We are able to part ways without any adverse affects."

"You are leaving?" Athos nodded.

"Only for a short time. Anna would like to do some traveling. She has never seen Africa, France, Italy, Spain and many other countries. When we are tired of traveling we will come back. This is our home after all." I hugged Athos.

"Enjoy yourselves. The two of you."

"We will Kylie." Anna hugged me too.

"Now who wants some cake?" Gen asked. Everyone who ate food wanted a piece. Gen makes very delicious cakes. I am told.

Paddy was eating his piece of cake. He took a finger full of icing and fed it to me.

It was very good. "Mm delicious Gen." She blushed.

We sat and talked about the last hundred years. It was quite eventful.

The next gathering was in a couple of months. Athos and Anna will leave after it. Everyone was a little nervous about this one. The werewolves were being introduced to the Vampire World.

Vampires know about werewolves. They just do not expect them to be guarding their Council.

Wilbert has decided to bring his entire family to the gathering. They will be arriving a month before it begins. It should help with the introduction.

We hope.

Mathew Bellman is on the agenda for the gathering. He will not be happy that he has been staked for the last forty years.