Untitled Part 39

21

Mikalia and Wilbert were the last ones to leave. They made sure no one forgot anything.

"I can not thank you enough for giving Wilbert back to me and our family. You do not realize how much you depend on some one until they are not there."

Mikalia kissed all the Council, Athos, Julian, the Rileys and me.

"I will have to find a way to thank all of you who have helped me. Do not worry. I will not forget. I should not say that. I will try not to forget but I will repay you some way." Wilbert said.

"There is no need to repay us, my old friend. The fact that you are well and happy is payment enough." Councilman Antonio shook Wilbert's hand then gave each other a hug. "Thank you again."

Samuel and Paddy were saying goodbye on the beach.

"I hope to come and visit you again before the next gathering." Samuel told Paddy.

"That would be most pleasant. Perhaps Kylie and I will come and see you sometime."

"If you do come please bring Cassie and Quinn. I am sure they would enjoy the countryside for a while." Samuel smiled. Cassie was waiting to say goodbye to Samuel.

"Good bye my friend." They gave each other a hug. Samuel went to Cassie. They spoke quietly to each other then kissed goodbye.

Paddy came up behind me and hugged me. We watched our daughter say goodbye to Samuel.

"I think Cassie might want to visit Leon in the near future." He kissed my neck. "I am glad she has found someone we know."

"And it does not hurt that he happens to be your best friend."

"No it does not."

Cassie came to stand beside us. They had boarded their boats. We watched them sail away. Cassie was quiet for the rest of the night.

The next morning I was walking through the training square. It was so quiet without all the people here. I could hear the Westminster group crying for food. They had only been down there for a few days.

Athos and Anna were coming with us for their last patrol. They plan to leave in the next few days. Paddy, I and our children completed the rest of the patrol.

Athos and Anna came out of the Council chambers.

"Are we ready to go?" Athos smiled.

"Yes Uncle Athos." Cassie ran up to him and held his hand.

"Come on my dear Cassie."

We left by the beach exit. We circled the city. We were back at the cavern a few short hours later.

Athos hugged Cassie. "Oh, I am going to miss your smile."

"But Uncle Athos, I thought you wanted to travel?"

"I do Cassie but I will still miss you." Athos glanced at me when he was saying this to Cassie.

"Uncle Athos, you will have to write to us to let us know where you are."

"Of course I will Quinn. Our first stop will be Loren for awhile then Anna and I will decide where from there. I do want to show her my birthplace in Sithonia."

"It must be exciting to go to new places?"

"Yes Cassie it can be and sometimes very sad."

"Why sad Uncle Athos?" Cassie was concerned.

"The people you have to leave behind."

"Oh but you are coming back here. Right Uncle Athos?"

"Of course we are. This is our home after all."