Straight lifeguard decides to include me in his hoeing around (Part-1~4)

This one is based on a true story, though the kind of place and details have been changed for privacy reasons. All are over 20 in the story. If you've read any of my stories you know they include lots of context and buildup, so get ready for a lengthy but sexy read! Let me know if it tickled your fancy in the comments, more to come soon!

One summer back in my middle college years, I worked at an out-of-state summer camp. The job was straight out of a movie; everyone was fit and tan, the days were long, and the nights were fun once it was only staff awake. There was a lounge house but also a ton of trails and offshoots you could explore under the stars. For many it was a dream come true; living and working for eight weeks in a pool of eligible and gorgeous counselors. I found myself on the fringe of the culture there, being well-liked and popular but also I was openly gay. My options were limited, or so I thought.

Counselors were assigned bunks in different age groups for four weeks at a time, and switched once the next camp group arrived. This meant you worked closely with three or four other people in your bunk for half of the summer and another group for the other half. If everyone gets along, it is awesome. If personalities clash, it can be hell. Luckily, I was paired with some pretty awesome people all summer. All the guys in my bunk were excited about the job and there for good reasons. One guy in particular though, Mike, and I got along especially well. He and I clicked almost immediately, sharing a common sense of humor and way of looking at stressful situations calmly. As well as being a bunk counselor he also worked a couple pool shifts as a lifeguard when the main lifeguards needed their breaks. Needless to say, he was pretty fit.

One night, I was chilling in the staff lounge on my phone, in the corner of the room. This particular night there was a mixer and the energy in the room was really horny and it didn't really interest me. I saw the rest of my co-counselors walk in and get greeted with fanfare. They were all cool guys, but Mike was the life of the party. He gave hugs to a bunch of people before noticing me on the couch.

"Hey buddy, what's goin on?" Mike asked, putting his arm around me.

"I'm good, just checking in with some people back home," I said, which was half true. He nodded with understanding and leaned into me, his head tilting onto mine.

"Okay buddy, well I'm glad you're up here! Have some fun tonight, okay?" he says, pretending not to peek over at my phone screen.

"Thanks, I will do my best!" I say, pretending like I wasn't just looking at grindr. He hops up to join a game of lap tag, a game that straight people just love to play apparently.

I got bored and decided that looking at grindr is futile, since even if I talk to someone I couldn't leave anyway. I head out and down the trail to the bunks where my friend Charlotte is on night watch. I strike up conversation with her and we kind of vent about our days. It's hot during the day but cold at night, so she's bundled up in a blanket while I'm keeping warm in a jacket.

"Ah shit, gotta do my rotation," she says, and leaves. She has to check every bunk to ensure everything's alright, and oftentimes they aren't, so she might be gone a while. I find the bench peaceful and decide to stick around. It's a secluded spot close enough to the bunks but not visible to them. This spot also serves as a trailhead to a popular makeout spot on Saturday nights. Suddenly I see Mike appear out of nowhere, in a tank top, running.

"Hey buddy, long time no see!" he says cheerfully.

"What are you doing going for a run?" I ask.

"I was pretty bored by the mixer and haven't worked out today so I thought I'd go for a run before hitting the sack," he said, running in place.

"Well knock off the running in place, I'm getting exhausted watching you," I joked.

"What are you doing all alone over here?" he asked.