The Mile-High Club

This happened when I was 25.

Let me preface this first.

I spent a year working at different hostels in South East Asia, modestly whoring myself across the continent while doing so. I decided to come home a little earlier than I initially planned because I was a little homesick after such a long time, and just needed a break from the nomadic lifestyle I was living. I ended up booking a last-minute flight with two layovers across a 32-hour period of travel – super long but not much I could do about that. The first layover was in Manilla – which honestly is probably the worst airport I’ve ever been to – but it was only for a few hours before boarding the next plane for a cool 11-hour flight until the next layover in Vancouver.

Since I booked my flight so last minute, the only seats available were in the very last row of the plane, but luckily it was only two seats compared to the rest of the plane that had rows of three. However, in a rather unlucky turn of events, I thought I selected the window seat when I booked my flight, but apparently I’m stupid or can’t read because I actually selected the lame aisle seat. Apologies to aisle seat enthusiasts.

As I boarded the plane, I looked like such a cliché backpacker who had just spent a year in South East Asia. I was rocking elephant-print pants, a flowy tunic shirt, my skinned was tanned and freckly, my blonde hair even more vibrant than usual, all kinds of bracelets on my wrists; I probably looked ridiculous, but I was definitely feeling my sun-kissed-nomad-look, *not going to lie.*

I walked down the long aisle of the plane trying to get to my seat, stopping every so often as people put their luggage in the overhead compartments. It took forever, and I felt like the common folk on the Titanic making my way to the very back of the plane. I was praying to be seated beside someone petit, that way we could at least have more room and I wouldn’t feel so crammed. I finally arrived at the very back, spotting the empty aisle seat I would occupy for the next 11 long hours, and that’s when I saw who I’d be sitting next to.

Backstory out of the way, here we go.

I guess I would describe him as an action figure come to life. He was like the definition of the word “brawn,” not in a gross juice-head kind of way, just an incredibly fit and strong-looking man. He had headphones in and was looking out of the window to the runway, his facial features were well defined, pretty handsome from his side profile, he was cleanshaven and sporting a buzzcut. My jaw kind of dropped upon seeing him sitting there, partly due to how handsome he was but also because I was a little intimidated of this action-figure-of-a-man.

I tried to be as conspicuous as possible while putting my backpack into the overhead compartment, stealing the occasional glance of this attractive, muscular stranger. He eventually realized his seat-mate had arrived and he looked up at me as we exchanged awkward smiles and nods — the ones you usually give to strangers — before taking my seat.

We sat there, waiting for the plane to fill up before we could finally take off, and I felt so tiny sitting next to this tree of a man – I’m considered to be “twinkish” as they say, and this guy was *definitely no twink*. I subtly shift my eyes to keep checking him out, his pecs so clearly defined in his t-shirt, his thick thighs filling out his pants, his massive arms resting beside him; I can feel my dick start to stiffen a little because I am only human. At least I’ll have something to ogle to keep me busy during this hellish flight.

It feels like we’re waiting forever for this plane to get in the air, and full disclosure, I’m not the best flyer in the world – I mean I’ll do it, obviously, but I do get a little anxious on planes. I guess my anxiety was starting to show because I was subconsciously shaking my leg waiting for takeoff.

“Nervous?” a deep, raspy voice, asks me.

It’s the beautiful, muscular stranger sitting to my right, and he’s talking to *me*? Well…I guess that would happen eventually, we’re going to be sitting beside each other for a while, calm down Blake. Oh, is my leg shaking? Damn anxiety.