Play For Me

Riley's POV/

Current time: 11AM and I'm not tired. I'm sitting on my bed, with headphones on and I have a guitar right next to me. It was Uncle Rocky's guitar. All of our parents instruments got passed down.

I got Uncle Rocky's green guitar

Randy got my dad's black base guitar.

Roxy got Aunt Rydel's piano

Robin got Uncle Ellington's drums

Rockell also got Uncle Rocky's white guitar.

Reese... He never really took up music

When I sang tonight, I loved the feeling of it. Of me being on stage and everybody cheering me on. I loved it so much. I can't even believe this. I was told that I also have a great voice.

Anyway, me being on stage... Makes me feel confidence and rush.

I grabbed my guitar and put the strap around my neck. I then flipped through the songs on my playlist and I listened to my parents band. Yes, I have R5 on my phone. Why? Because my dad made me do it to 'support him.' I listened to a song that my parents did the most guitar playing I could hear

Ain't No Way We're Going Home

I listened to the beginning. Wondering how Uncle Rocky did his guitar solo. I groaned as I strummed my guitar. Not knowing how to play it. I skipped a few parts, to figure out that I'm at the guitar part after the bridge.

This is pointless.

"Riley... You should get some sleep... Hey, what're you doing?" My father asked me as he walked into my room. I took off my headphones and I stared at him.

"Learning how to play guitar"

Riker's POV/

"That's great!" I said ecstatically to my daughter. She's taking up music, that's awesome. "But... Why?" I asked as she sighed.

"I went on stage today by getting picked for singing on stage. And... I loved the feeling and I kinda want to do it again" She shrugged. I smiled as I kissed her cheek. "That's awesome" I smiled.

"What would you think of all of us being in a band? Like you did fifty years ago" Riley chuckled. I glared at my daughter. "It was 15 years ago and that would be cool. Consisting of who?" I laughed.

"Me, Randy, Robin, Roxy and Rockell" She smiled at the names of the band. "Playing with family is tough" I laughed at former experiences.

"How so?" Riley said in the middle of my thoughts. I'm thinking about the band members names. Why not Reese? Or even Reagan? "Why not Uncle Ross's kids?" I asked.

"Reagan is a little girl so she can't. And Reese? I don't know what he could do? I mean... That would be six people anyways" She shrugged. "Doesn't matter of the how many members. Riley Nicole, you must include everybody" I glared at my younger daughter.

"Dad... You know what's up with Reese. He doesn't have the music gene because---" She started off as I stopped her. "Good point. But... Don't make him feel like he is different. Thanks to your brother and Robin is that he is questioning his dad" I frowned.

"But let's talk about the music again. We all can help you. But... Tell me again how you feel about performing?" I asked as she smiled.

"Me performing on stage is like... Explaining what water taste like. It's unexplainable... But it's crystal clear"

Roxy's POV/

"Mom? Dad?" I called out for my parents. I laid in bed, tired and exhausted and not really wanting to go to school tomorrow. "Yea sweetie?" My dad said, walking into the room.