Because Of Them

This is the last chapter :(

-A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER-

Laura's POV/

"I'll help you load your car" I heard Vanessa say to Ross as Ross thanked her. I sat on the steps of my house as I watched them carefully.

Yeah that's right, my house.

The divorce papers are signed and I don't want Ross in my life anymore. I'm done with him. I hate him, I really do.

Marrying him was the worse decision I have ever made. And I will never make it again. And to be honest, this is slightly my fault.

This is slightly my fault because I didn't notice the tension between Vanessa and Ross. I chose to ignore it. I left them alone in the first place.

But mainly, it was Ross and Vanessa's. I will not be entirely blamed for this. But no matter what, I'm always the one getting hurt.

I've been hurt a million times.
I've been crying over the same man for months
I've been the one who stayed loyal.

But he didn't, he really didn't. And my sister? She can go rot in hell as far as I care. I hate her, I always will.

I mean, if I'm divorced... Does that make my last name Lynch still? Or is it Marano again?

"Hey Laura" Riker said as he sat down next to me. I looked at him and smiled weakly. He looked at me and frowned.

"Who knew this would happen?" He asked as he looked at Ross and Vanessa as they packed up their car.

"I guess we were too blind to see that they would be together eventually" I said as Riker frowned. He held my hand, in a comforting way of course.

"I wish we could do something to get them jealous" He said as I took a deep breath. No, no one deserves the pain of heartbreak. Even if they caused it to people. 

"You wanna kiss?" I asked him as he looked at me and shrugged.

"Would it help?" He smirked at me as I rolled my eyes. I pushed him slightly, him flipping his hair in the result of it.

"We're the good people, we shouldn't stoop to their level" I said as Riker nodded. He put his arm around me as I watched Ross and Vanessa.

"I guess this is it" Ross said as he stood in front of us with Vanessa by his side. They held hands as I frowned at them. I stood up, making Riker drop his hand from me.

"I guess it is" I said as he made a weird look. As if he wanted me say something. To do something that I didn't want to.

"Hug?" He asked as I looked at him and glared.

"Not even in your dreams" I said as he looked at me. He stuck his hand out, an attempt to pull my into a hug. I quickly moved away as he groaned.

"At least a hug" He whined as I shook my head fast.

"Don't touch me if you don't love me" I said as Ross stared at me. He went over the words in his head as he retracted his arm. He walked over to Vanessa as they held hands. OMG...

I hate you, don't leave me
I feel like I can't breath
Just hold me, don't touch me.
And I want you to love me
But I need you to trust me
Stay with me, set me free
But I can't back down
No I can't deny
That I'm staying now
'Cause I can't decide if I'm
Confused or scared
I am terrified of you
I admit you're in and out of my head
Don't listen to a single word I've said
Just hear me out before you go with her
'Cause I can't take this pain

I want to run in his arms.
I want to touch him one last time.
I want to kiss his lips.

But I can't. I never will ever again. And even though I miss him, I can't say it to his face. Everything is set forever.

He's going to New York with Vanessa, probably get married there and have children. I don't know the future for me and my family, but Ross is not in it. My deepest concern is...

Reagan and Reese.

How're they even going to survive without Ross. They've known him forever and Reagan loves her father. I guess she has to live without him. 

I've learned that people will forget what you said,
People will forget who you are,
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

Remember people:

Don't feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.

Sometimes the man you can't imagine living without could actually live without you.

"How could you say goodbye to someone you can't live without?" I asked Riker as he stared at me and shrugged.

"I have no idea" He said as Vanessa got into the car and Ross stood outside of it before going in to it.

"I guess this is it" Ross said as I nodded at him. I folded my hands together on my chest.

"Did you say bye to the kids?" I asked him as he nodded at me.

"Of course I did. Umm, I just wanna let you know that I'm sorry. For everything" Ross said once more as he got into the car and left. I watched them drive away as I could've sworn Vanessa waved at me.

Riker sighed as we walked up the steps to my house. Reagan and Reese were in the backyard and it was just us. Riker leaned against the door flamed.

I am now completely alone...

"Who do you blame for this?" He asked me as I looked at him, not fully understanding the question or how I should answer. 

"Like, was it because of you?" He asked. Oh, now I get the question.
"No" I mumbled.

"Was it because of us?" He questioned.
"Nope" I replied.

"Who was it then?" He curiously asked me as I bit my lip. It was not my fault, it wasn't Riker's either. It was Ross and Vanessa's.

"This whole thing was because of them"

Done! Because Of Them has officially ended. I had so much fun writing this book actually. This was one of my favorite books ever. Which one was your favorite?
• Because Of You
• Because Of Us
• Because Of Them
Okay so... Let's talk about sequel to this book, what is that even called? Sequel? Trequel? What?

Sequel or no?

-Sani