Welcome Home?

Riley's POV/

"I'm home" The person said as I looked at the door to find my dad standing there. He had one suitcase and Aunt Laura trailed behind me. Randy peaked his head through the kitchen.

"Riley... Randy" My dad said as he hugged me tightly. I didn't hug back, nor did I welcome him. I didn't talk to him... I didn't want him back.

"Where's your Uncle Ellington and... Umm, Aunt Rydel" My dad coughed as Randy said that they went home.

"Randy my boy" My dad went over to Randy as he let out a weak smile. Aunt Laura looked at me and waved as I waved back.

"I missed you guys" She said as she opened her arms. Only for me to clash into her arms and hug her tightly. She was the strongest person I have ever met.

"Woah hey... What's wrong sweetheart?" She asked me as I shook my head into her shoulder. Just hugging her and never wanting to let go.

"Let's talk" My dad said as Randy and I sat next to each other as my dad and Aunt Laura sat on the sofa. We stared at them, they don't look bad.

"How was your trip? Where did you go?" Randy asked as they looked at each other.

"Umm, we were mainly on the road. We didn't do much, nor did we have an adventure. We just... Did what we had to do to get over our spouses cheating on us with each other" Dad said as Aunt Laura shifted in her seat.

"It's a little hard because Ross hurt me so much... But I'm used to it. At this point, I'm a single women and so is he" Aunt Laura said as I sighed.

"I'm with you on that Laura. We'll find the one someday" Dad said as I gasped. Randy looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Are you and mom getting a divorce?" Randy hoarsely said as I looked at my dad. He bit his lip and ran his fingers through his... What ever color his hair is.

"I'll discuss that with your mother when she comes back" My dad said as tears threatened to come out of my eyes. Randy stared at the floor and it looked like he was crying.

"Randy, are you okay?" Aunt Laura questioned as Randy shook his head.

"No... I'm not okay. And I... Can't keep pretending that I am. I've been alone for a long time and now that you and mom are getting a divorce... I'll be alone for the rest of my life. I just... Don't want to be alone no more. I say I'm fine but I'm not... And it hurts more when I do say "I'm fine" and you guys go with it" Randy cried as I stared at him.

"Randy, I didn't know---" Dad started as Randy cut him off. Him crying more than ever.

"How would you even know? You left us... For a month! You got up and left without any warning. How do you think we felt? Finding a note from mom saying she left and the same day you are no where to be found. Don't you think you could've called us? At least once?" Randy cried.

Randy's POV/

"Randy I---" My dad said as I interrupted him again.

"Dad, you make me scared to get married because I don't want to end up like you guys... Divorced and alone" I said as I looked at Aunt Laura. She just stared at me.

"You know what's funny?" I asked. "I have moms nose... I have your eyes. And on my face, you guys are still together" I shook my head.

"You guys taught me that love can last forever" I said as I looked deeply into my fathers eyes. "I guess you were wrong" I said as I began to talk upstairs.