Chapter 8: Good or Bad?

I woke up to the alarm and went to take a shower. My heart was still broken because of last night. I was not ready to meet him again after that argument. But I have to because he needs to send me home. I got out of the bathroom and went to get ready.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

Someone was knocking on the door.

"Y/N, have you woken up yet?". It was Taehyung's voice, and only by hearing his voice did I feel something that was hard to describe. Was I mad, was I disappointed, or was I scared?

Thud! Thud! Thud!

He knocked again, and it snapped me into reality. I looked at the door, and I heard him twisting the door knob open.

Oh no! I am only in a towel!

When he opened the door, I quickly closed it and locked it. He was slightly startled by my sudden action. "Yes! I've woken up".

"Why do you close the door on me like that?", He sounded serious and a little bit angry.

"I am about to wear the clothes" I said.

"Okay, see you at the dining room. Have some bread with jam before we hit the road" he said.

"Okay...".

I heard footsteps fade away and I sighed.

He sounded like there was nothing happening yesterday.

Shit, let's just face everything.

I quickly put on the clothes and went down to the dining room. I saw him already there. He was looking straight into my eyes. I quickly broke eye contact and went to sit in front of him.

It was awkward and uncomfortable.

He seemed not to like to say anything to me and just kept eating without looking at me anymore. I guessed this was what is called an ego.

So, I just took the bread and the jam, pretending to have an appetite to show him that I was not hurt either. Later, he got up. "I wait for you in the car. Send me your address". And then he just left me alone.

What a brat?

Was last night nothing for him? He hurt me more. I deserve an apology.

I just sat there and did nothing after he left me. I took some time to control my emotions and tears. I took out my phone and texted him my address. Then I got up, went to the garage, and got into his car.

He just drove the car without saying anything to me.

I leaned the tip of my forehead against the car window, looking at the morning scenery. I saw a beautiful sunrise, and the birds were flying and sitting on a branch too. If I lowered the car window, I might hear the various birds chirping too. But I was not in the mood for that.

I recognized this route. He took the long route. I wondered why he did that. We were fighting, he should just use the shortcut. I did not want to be with him right now. It was awkward and hurt me too, as he showed no remorse.

I mustered my courage and turned my head at him. "Why do you take the long route?".

His eyes were focused on the road, and he did not respond to me.

He ignored me.

I turned back and leaned against the car window again. He really made me want to cry! I just looked at the scenery and felt what I wanted to feel until I fell asleep.

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. My eyes roamed around the street. We were in front of my house now. I turned to him; he was looking at me. It seemed like he was waiting for me to wake up. I quickly sat upright with a serious look on my face.