Chapter 13: Pity

I stepped out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower, as I was also wet in the rain. My eyes lay on Taehyung. 

He was shivering under the blanket on the floor with still wet clothes.

I wanted him to take a warm bath.

It was very uneasy to see him like this. I am very worried! My house did not have a heater.

I quickly dropped my small towel that I used to dry my hair as I rushed to the kitchen. The water still did not boil. I adjust the fire on the stove to be larger.

How long would it take to boil? I could not wait!

Then I quickly went back to him, facing him, and held his shoulder. "Oppa, are you okay?"

He nodded, but he did not convince me, as he was very cold to the point he was unable to talk.

I pulled the blanket off him and grabbed his black shirt, taking it off. Then I pulled back the blanket over his head. I held the hot pack on his forehead, hoping it would be a help.

His lower jaw shivered as though it were cold, and his teeth chattered, making it very obvious when he stared at me.

I felt bad. Did I just almost kill him???

I leaned forward and spread my arms to give him a warm hug. "I'm sorry," said I. 

He could feel my breath on his neck, so warm.

Then I heard him mumbling something. I was unable to understand him.

"Um?" I loosened the hug slightly, and he quickly held my back.

"H-hug. Me. T-tightly. Please"

I quickly tightened the hug and buried my face in his neck, hoping it would warm him a little bit. He rested his head on mine, and he seemed to be weak.

I began to worry again. "Oppa, should I call your manager? You need to go to the hospital. I am very worried.".

He shook his head, disagreeing with my suggestion.

After a long, quiet hug, I loosened my grip on him. "Oppa, I'll go check on the water.".

I ran to the stove and saw that the water was finally boiling. I turned off the stove, and with the help of a glove, I lifted the pot to the bathroom and carefully transferred the hot water into the tap water in the bucket. I tested the water temperature with my palm, and it was perfect enough.

I rushed to him again, helped him stand up, and led him into the bathroom. "Take a bath, and make sure you have the water all over your body."

I pointed at the small drawer in the bathroom and said, "Inside the drawer there is a towel, okay?"

He nodded, and I got out, closing the bathroom door for him.

I went to find warm clothes for him in my closet. Fortunately, I found a thick, big sweater and a long sweatpant. 

I thought it could fit him. I was very sure of it.

I held the clothes and waited for him in front of the door.

Later, right after he opened the door, I quickly shoved the clothes in my hand into the bathroom. He took it, and I pulled back my hand. He closed the door.

Then he went out of the bathroom. My clothes fit on him like I expected.

But the fact that he still looked as pale as the corpse did not put my heart at ease at all. I held his shoulder and led him to my bed. I helped him get onto the bed and pulled up the blanket around his neck.