Chapter 76: He Wants Marriage

I took a glass of water and sat at the dining table.

My elbow pressed against the table, and I rested my head on my palm.

I didn't really know what I was thinking of, but my mind has been so messed up since my divorce.

I heard footsteps, and I glanced up.

I saw Taehyung coming towards me and sitting in front of me. "Babe, you can't sleep?"

"No, I'm just thirsty," I said, and I gulped down the water.

After that, I put the glass back on the table, and he held my hand.

His touch was so gentle. He caressed my hand with his thumb.

It was so warm. He warmed my heart.

"You have been like this since your divorce. Why? Is it because you have something like..."

"No!" I quickly denied it. I knew what he was about to say. He must be thinking I have romantic feelings for Eunwoo.

"Then what?" He sighed out and let go of my hand.

"It's like this. Imagine, you've been living..." I stopped, shutting my mouth. I worried if he got jealous. I tried to think of another word that would not make him jealous.

"What are you trying to say?"

"It's like this. Imagine you have been so close to someone for almost six years." I stopped when I saw Taehyung's gaze change.

"I mean close as friends, very close." I emphasized 'friends' and continued, "Then you both fight and end on bad terms. It kind of feels empty and hurts. Have you ever experienced something like that, Taehyung-ah?" asked me, studying his eyes.

"Empty and hurt. Like when I lost you?" asked him.

I shook my head. What he had for me was obsession. It's totally different. "No Taehyung. I am your lover. I mean your friend," I corrected him.

"Friend," he murmured, looking at me in the eyes when he could think of someone. "Like I fight with Namjoon because of you?" asked him.

I frowned. I never knew about that. And it's been too long that I've never heard of Namjoon either. "What happens? You fight with him because of me?"

Taehyung realized he slipped out of something he shouldn't have. "We're not really fighting now. It's just that our situation is quite cold," he said.

What he said didn't really answer me. I leaned forward. "What happens? How is it because of me?" asked me again. I really wanted to know.

He turned his head away from me. Obviously, he didn't want to tell me.

I pulled my face back and sighed in disappointment.

He noticed that, and fuck, he didn't want to fight with her.

He looked at me again. "It was about my six-year-old son's scandal to begin with."

I lifted my head and looked at him when he seemed to tell me.

"So, because at around that time, he knew I was dating you, so... So, he confronted me that I made you pregnant and ruined your future, or something like that. So, we fight, that's all," said him.

I thought Namjoon didn't care about me. To be honest, I was so touched that a tear rolled down my eye.

Back then, we talked a lot about dreams. He was the reason I went here. He was my best friend. Of course, I am touched now.

"Why do you cry?" I asked him, noticing my tears.

I shook my head and wiped away my tears. "I am touched.".