Chapter 45: Successful

I walked to the bus station with my drooped shoulders.

I was tired and..

I looked down at the shopping bags in my hand.

These all were even more tiring for me

I sighed. I didn't know what to do with these.

Suddenly, I heard the car honk from my back.

I was startled that all my thoughts just immediately went away.

I turned back and saw the car.

I narrowed my eyes to see the car. I was quite dazzled since the day began to darken.

The car was unfamiliar and I couldn't see the driver since the car window was dark tinted.

I shrugged my shoulder and turned forward. Maybe that car honk wasn't for me.

I continued walking.

But later the car moved to about beside me. As the car still bothered me, I turned my head to see that car again.

The window lowered, revealing Sera.

My eyes widened, "Oh, unnie, it is you. I thought... Gosh" I let out a short laugh.

"It is really you, y/n-ah" said Sera as just now, she doubted if she saw y/n that was walking by the roadside. But she couldn't ignore her little instinct and confirmed it.

"Why are you here?" asked Sera, then noticed Y/n's facial expression seemed as she was confused with the question.

Sera quickly corrected it, "I mean what you're doing here.... In the city?" asked her with a sheepish laugh.

"I work at Upsquare" answered me simply.

Sera's eyes widened. "Oh, really?"

I nodded with a smile.

Sera looked at y/n from her head to her toe. She looked weary and exhausted. Obviously, she seemed like on her way to go back to her home now.

"So, you're heading home now?"

"Yes"

"Come on, hop in," said Sera while gesturing to me to get into her car.

I waved my hands off at her offer. "No, no, it's okay. Thank you" said me.

"Why not? I'm about to go home too" said Sera

I took a glance at Sera who was driving. Then, I looked forward again. I always felt awkward with her.

Maybe because I felt so inferior to her.

I mean looked at her. The way she always dressed in a classy dress with the pastel color.

And her makeup. And now, I just knew she had a lavish car.

Ah, what a successful woman.

I bet she had a great job here and lived her best life.

Her best life? I just remembered that she had a crush on Eunwo.

To be honest, she deserved Eunwoo.

I bet Eunwoo's life would be easier, happier if he was with her.

"Omo, are you just coming back from shopping too?" asked Sera.

I looked at all the shopping bags in my hands. She must be referring to these.

Damn!

Then, I turned my head to Sera, "No, no. It is.. It-it. It is not mine, it is my friend's. She came to shop at my workplace and then she left there, so yeah. She was too excited talking to me until.." I faked out the laughter, I didn't know what to make up anymore.