Chapter 68: Cold

Taehyung lowered the passenger seat and put me in the lying position. I curled into a ball, shivering. I clenched my mouth closed and slammed my eyes shut.

I could feel his tense gaze on me.

He saw she was trembling in coldness. Even her teeth were chattering. He felt like he had a blanket left in the car boot, so he went to check on it.

Taehyung came back to me with a blanket in his hand. He covered me with a blanket.

As it was too cold, I really needed it. I pulled the blanket up to my neck. He pulled more to cover my head, leaving only my face visible.

Then he got into the car. He looked straight at me again and scanned me from head to toe before starting to drive.

I quietly stared at him. I had a lot of unanswered questions about him. I didn't understand what he felt about me. What he really saw in me was that he was so crazy about me.

Compared to all the people he met, I was sure I was nothing special. But why was he so crazy about me?

I remembered what he said to me earlier. Ruin me if I run away, and save me if I want to die.

This guy..

He would never let me go.

He turned to look at me, and our eyes met straight away.

I was startled and quickly looked away. I just realized he stopped in traffic.

"Why? Is it still cold?" asked him, raising the temperature of the heater system in this car.

I pulled the blanket to cover my face.

But not too long later, he lifted the blanket away from my face.

Our eyes met again. His face was quite close to mine as he leaned forward to reach me.

"Let me at least see your face now," said him.

He was so close that his words brushed my ear and caused me to freeze. Our eyes met.

In those few silent moments, he wished he could stare into those eyes every day. He wished he knew how to love her.

But sometimes he wished he didn't love her so much.

Because he knew his love had hurt her.

I broke eye contact and buried my face in the car seat.

After that, he turned back and forward, holding the steering wheel as the traffic light turned green.

He stopped the car and then got out.

He opened the passenger door and bent down toward me. He looked at me closely to check on me.

I didn't sleep, but I'd been closing my eyes for a while.

He carefully slipped his arms under my back and my knees. Then he carried me in bridal style out of his car.

I opened my eyes at the feeling of a sudden lift.

He stopped in front of the front door. He brought his arm that held my knees close to the door lock.

He unlocked the password and pushed the door with the back of his shoulder.

"Dad?"

My eyes widened when I heard Jihoon's voice.

"Oh? Who's that??" asked Jihoon to Taehyung, referring to me.

I quickly buried my face in Taehyung's chest.

"Help Dad with closing the door, please," said Taehyung.