Chapter 26: Ulsan

I got out of the bus and looked at the sky.

It's dawn right now. That's why the air was so fresh. I hoped my new life would be fresh like this too.

I took out my cheap model phone from my sweater pocket. I just bought the cheap one because I wanted to spend modestly.

I already surveyed about the cost of abortion. The Internet said it was about 9 000 000 to 70 000 000 won and could be even higher. 

That amount was out of my hands. But it was just what the Internet said. I believed it could be cheaper too. 

However, I had to spend carefully.

My first mission today is to find the cheapest rented house!

I searched for it on my phone. Actually, I didn't really survey the rented house on the internet yesterday before deciding to move here. I was just too rushed to move out of Seoul because that place kept giving me chill memories.

From morning to hot afternoon, I couldn't find a cheap place to stay. Or was I just being too stingy?

Whatever, hard work must pay off. I just really needed a cheap place to stay.

But people here were so noisy. They saw my baby bump and kept asking where my husband was. 

Like hell, I was looking for the house to rent, but they were looking for my husband. 

And it didn't mean I had to bring my husband along for this damn business.

I knew I didn't have a husband, but it's just weird for them to be noisy about my personal matters. Just damn focus on their businesses! Would they?!

I thought I would meet good people.

I was resting at the bus stop while drinking the cold drinks that I bought from the stall at the roadside just now. 

I was fanning myself with my hand. It's really a hot day here.

Later, I went to my next location, which I had already planned.

                  "380 000 won? Ahjumma It's a bit pricey. What about 330 000 won?" I negotiated with a tenant who looked in her late 30s.

"You said 380 000 won is pricey? It's standard here." She didn't agree with what I'd said.

But I looked at the house again. It was very small. With a location like this, it was supposed to be cheaper. "Why is the price the same as in Seoul?" asked me.

"What? Are you saying that I'm trying to scam you right now?"

I shook my hand and waved my hand in no motion. "No, Ahjumma. I didn't say that.".

"Where's your husband? Let me talk to him. You seem to don't know about the price," she said, crossing her arms.

I was annoyed again. How the fuck do people keep asking about my nonexistent husband?

"I'm alone here," she said.

She started looking at me from my head to my toe. I knew these motherfucker old fads started judging me now.

"How old are you?" she asked me.

"None of your business," said I. 

I was fed up already. She looked like she didn't want to consider the price anyway. And I would not rent the house from the owner with such an attitude.

She scoffed. "Girl, you look so young. And I can tell that you're on a run, or worse, you've been kicked out of the family because you're pregnant without marrying. Gosh, that's awful. Then, your boyfriend left you alone. Now you're looking for a house to rent at a nonsense price. You think life is as easy as when you had sex. That's why you should think more before doing something."