Chapter 35: Fraud

"He.. He is.. Is" I shut my mouth. Why did I feel he wouldn't believe me, and if he didn't, I could understand him. 

It's just something unbelievable.

"What y/n?" asked Eunwoo. Strong curiosity could be seen on his small face.

I turned my head forward and sighed. "You won't believe me," I muttered.

"Huh? Why would I not believe you? Tell me, I believe you."

I bit my lips. I really didn't mean to say that he wouldn't believe me. Aish, my mouth was so stupid.

"Actually, Jihoon's father... He. You. You know him," I said, looking at his face to see any reaction.

He frowned and pulled his face back like he was really confused. "I-I know him? How?" He tried to digest what she'd said and then leaned his face forward at her again. "Who?"

I mustered my courage and nodded to myself after reasoning with myself that it was good for him to know. 

And it was good for me to stop burdening my head with this secret. 

"Kim Taehyung," I said, looking into his eyes.

Eunwoo could not believe what he'd heard. Was he hearing wrong? "Kim Taehyung," he muttered, deep in thought.

I heard him muttering Taehyung's name. He mustn't believe me. But then I saw his tight face loosening.

"It's not a Kim Taehyung celebrity, right? He just has the same name as him," he said with a small laugh.

I didn't say anything because it was as I expected.

Looking at how she didn't respond and the seriousness on her face, he couldn't convince himself that it was another Kim Taehyung. 

Furthermore, which Kim Taehyung did he know besides the celebrity? 

And Jihoon himself resembled him so much. But how was it possible?

"You don't believe me. Me too. If I were you," said and sighed out.

"No, it's... It's just unbelievable that he is that kind of person. Is it really BTS Kim Taehyung, y/n-ah? The father of Jihoon? I don't ask again because I don't believe you. I just want a confirmation".

I nodded, and his lips parted. He was shocked and in disbelief. But now it makes sense how Y/N always got mad whenever it was about Kim Taehyung. She wasn't mad about idolizing an idol; it was a personal matter they both had.

"I'm not sure how he found me. But I think it's because of the fan meeting on that day. Jihoon too. He keeps asking me if Taehyung calls me. I think Taehyung got my number from Jihoon."

Eunwoo frowned when he heard that. He tried recalling the day of the fan meeting, but he couldn't recall if Taehyung ever asked Jihoon about Y/N's number. "But." He shut his lips when he remembered that he didn't fully hear everything. He remembered Taehyung whispering something in Jihoon's ear, and Jihoon also whispered something back into his ear. It could be at that moment.

I saw him lowering his head as he had things in his head. Silent ran between us for a moment until he lifted his head and looked at me. "Why didn't you tell me earlier about this? About Taehyung, he's the real father.

"I know. I regretted it too. I just thought. If I-I.. I just didn't want to talk about him," said me.

He saw her face go sadder. "Forget it, y/n. It already happened, so don't regret anything. We should think about what we should do."

I nodded, but still, I was sad inside. But I saw his point—not to regret anything. Because it kept me thinking about the past mistakes instead of the things that I should do right now.