Chapter 39: Guess

"Can I help you?" asked the nurse at the counter to me.

"Here" Eunwoo put the court notice on the counter to let the nurse see. "We're here because of the court order"

"Ah, Cha Jihoon. The paternity test" said the nurse and looked at Jihoon. This time, she looked at Jihoon differently. She already knew about this case and it was connected to a famous celebrity, Kim Taehyung.

Then, the nurse looked at me.

"So, where should we go?" asked me.

She didn't answer me and just looked at me. She looked like losing in thought.

"Excuse me?" said me.

"Oh. Sorry, sorry. Go that way, find the first door on your left, and then please wait inside there" said the nurse while pointing out in that direction.

"Thank you," said me.

I was holding Jihoon's hand but as I was about to move, I saw him looking very tired.

Eunwoo noticed that I was about to lift Jihoon, so he quickly went to Jihoon. "Let me do it," said him and lifted Jihoon on his arm.

Then we walked to where the nurse told us to wait. We sat on the long sofa and just waited.

I felt my muscles start loosening when I sat down. Damn this stupid thing. Why did it have to be done in Seoul???? Taehyung was a damn millionaire, he was the one who should have come to Ulsan. Aishh.

Eunwoo saw us looking so exhausted. It was due to the hot weather and the long journey too. "Wait, I'll go buy the cold drinks"

"Okay," I said and then he went out.

Jihoon was sitting beside me. I saw him rubbing his eyes like he was so sleepy. I took his arm and pulled him slowly so that he would move onto my lap. "Do you want to sleep, dear?"

He didn't say anything and just continued rubbing his eyes.

I knew he was about to sleep and I patted his back to put him to sleep. I didn't know when they would call Jihoon anyway.

"Mom, is it okay not to go to school?" asked Jihoon.

"It's okay because you have reason. I already let your teacher know" said me to convince him.

Suddenly I heard the door open from the laboratory.

My eyes widened when it was to be Taehyung that got out of there. Judging from his sleeve, he seemed to be done with the sampling.

Our eyes met and I quickly avoided his eyes. I looked at Jihoon lying on my lap. I held him tightly. Fortunately, he was lying, facing me that he was unable to see Taehyung. 

I frowned when instead of leaving, he went to sit in front of me on another long sofa. I was sure he was already done with the sampling. What the hell he want more???

He folded his arms and crossed his legs. His smirk was really cocky too. I hated to see that!

"Mom, what reason actually? Why are we here in the hospital? Are you sick?" asked Jihoon.