Chapter 53: Sorry

Sitting alone, leaning his back with his hands supporting his body weight from the ground, Eunwoo looked up at the night sky and appreciated more than usual the clearness of the air and beauty of the night, relieving his heart.

His face longed when the brittle stars just reminded him of reality. He sighed out and brought his gaze down.

He stared sharply at the ground. He had been thinking about that problem for a few days.

And he realized where the mistake was and what it was really.

It won't settle if he just runs away. He really needed to talk to her. There was something she needed to know and maybe there was something that she had to tell him too.

He sigh again and straightened his sitting position. He sat for a while. It was hard to do, but he had to.

He got up and walked back to his home with y/n. When he almost reached, he looked up at the house. He stopped his step when he saw that the house was dark. Not even a single light from inside. And it was just at 8 pm.

He got panicked and worried that something would happen to both y/n and Jihoon, so he sprinted to the house unlocked the door, he got in.

The house was really dark and quiet. He quickly turned on the lamp in the living room and his head turned around. It was really like no one was in this house.

But still, he gave it a try and opened y/n's room door. "Y/n?" The room was dark. He turned on the lamp and saw no one.

He went to Jihoon's room and it was also the same.

He sighed and pinched his eyes closed. He felt like attacked by a migraine. He was so worried about her.

As he felt he could not really walk, he went to sit on the sofa in the living room.

He leaned his back. Where was she now?

He stayed like that for a while and when he straightened his sitting position, he caught a glance of a piece of paper with y/n's handwritten on the coffee table.

He quickly grabbed it and impatiently read it through.

Eunwoo, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. You're doing so much for me but yet I hurt you. I realize my mistake. I am embarrassed of myself. I don't hope for your forgiveness because I don't deserve it and never will. I will go for 2-3 weeks and then come back. Or earlier. I know you don't want to see me right now and I can't face you either because I feel so embarrassed. I'm sorry again, Eunwoo. I'm truly sorry - Y/N

His grip on the paper started to weaken. She was very sorry. And he noticed some points of paper were wrinkled by the dry tear. He felt bad that she must be hurting so much. She was a sensitive person and he knew that.

Eunwoo put back the paper on the coffee table and sat on the sofa again. He took a deep breath several times. After that, he whipped out his phone and made a call to y/n.

My phone screen lightened again. I cursed under my breath. It must be Taehyung. I already warned him that I would block him if he called me again. Did he think I was just kidding???

I lifted my face off my knees and I reached my phone on the floor beside me.

My eyes flickered, my hand trembled. My lips suddenly pressed tightly together. It wasn't Taehyung.

It was Eunwoo.

What should I do? My hand trembled even more. I was embarrassed, scared, and sad, my emotions were all so fucked up.

My phone stopped ringing. Maybe I took too long that he had a voicemail. But just after a second my phone rang again.

I didn't want to think and just slid it right, I pressed the phone against my ear.