Chapter 49: Please

"Mom promises to do whatever I want, right? I really want Mom to go together! That's my request!" shouted Jihoon excitedly.

"I-I" I shut my lips and pursed it out when I looked at Jihoon's eyes. His eyes were like a puppy's eyes. I felt bad rejecting his request.

Moreover, I just promised to him like 15 minutes ago. And we just reconciled too.

"Mom promises you to do anything you want? Um?" asked Taehyung, breaking the short silence between me and Jihoon because I still couldn't give Jihoon my answer. 

Jihoon looked back at the phone screen. "Yes dad, Mom just told me she would do anything for me"

"Promise must be kept. Have you learned something like this at school, Jihoon-ah?" asked Taehyung, sounding like he was trying to trap me or make me seem bad.

Jihoon nodded confidently, "Um,  the teacher told me that. A good person will keep her promise!"

I started to frown. This was very bad and I was so fucked up. Quickly, I walked towards Jihoon and took the phone in his hand. "It's late now, you should go to sleep".

"Mom, let me at least say goodnight to Dad," said Jihoon. But it was too late because I already turned the call off.

His face longed, seeming so disappointed.

Damn it. I just reconciled with him. Why did I have to feel this way again? My heart was so uneasy looking at how he pulled his face away from me again.

I bent, and brought my face closer to him. "Jihoon-ah, I'm sorry. I'll let you talk to Dad again tomorrow. My brain just now.. It's-it's.. It's slow. I just accidentally did not listen to you. That's why my finger just tapped it off. Do you understand me?" asked me to Jihoon.

I didn't know whether my excuse made sense or not. But it's quite true. All that my brain told me just now was to turn the call off since Taehyung was being so fucking annoying.

"What about your promise?" asked Jihoon, still avoiding my eyes.

I was so frustrated when he asked me that. I swore to God, that I regretted it. But I wasn't sure what I regretted. Promising him to do whatever he wanted or letting him make a call with Taehyung. Aish damn it.

I kneeled in front of him. As he was on the chair, I needed to look up to find his eyes. Our eyes met.

"You know mom is busy now. Like I told you, I have become a true adult now. I'm working. Let's see if I have time this weekend" said me with my voice softened to convince him.

"Does it mean you don't want to go together with me?" asked Jihoon.

"No, I don't say that. I said I'm not sure if I can go since I have to work" said me and then took his hand in me. "Do you understand what I said?" asked me as I was worried if he misunderstood me.

"But you're not working today. And yesterday too" said him.

I bit my bottom lip. It was because I was very uncomfortable going to work since that incident that I took two days off for medical reasons.

"Yes, it's my day off today. Like you don't have to go to school on weekends or public holidays" said me with a smile.

"Why not on this Saturday?"

"Jihoon-ah, it's not up to me that I can have days off on any day I want to. My boss has already decided on me" said me.

"But Mom.. I can take a leave from school on the day I am supposed to go. Like when we went to the hospital or when I had a fever"