Chapter 21:

"Y/n, y/n"

I heard Taehyung calling my name. But my eyes were still too heavy to open. I still wanted to go to sleep.

"Y/N, wake up," he said, waking me up again.

I finally opened my eyes, and I got up in the sitting position on the bed. I stretched lazily, and then my eyes went to him. He was standing in the corner of the bed.

I stared at him for a while. For some reason, my mind was quite blurred. But then I just remembered something. Why was he here?

"You don't have any schedule today?" I asked him.

He went crawling onto the bed to sit near me. "I deserve a weekend break," said him.

It's the weekend already? I scoffed without realizing it. Since I was here, I really didn't know when it was Monday, when it was Tuesday, and so on. I felt so dumb, locked here.

He saw me scoffing and lost in my thoughts. "What are you thinking?"

I turned my head at him. I saw his piercing eyes on me, making me nervous.

I shook my head. "Nothing. It's just.. I just woke up."

"It's 11 a.m. already. You sleep quite long."

To me, it's not really long. I usually wake up later than that. I was just so bored after all.

He jerked his head at me. "Let's cook, honey. I feel like I want to stay here with you."

"I can't really cook. I don't usually cook for others," said quickly.

"It's okay. Let's just cook a simple meal. I'm not a picky eater."

                 Taehyung was preparing the chicken, and I was just cutting the onions. Then I caught a glimpse of his phone on the kitchen's counter.

I stopped cutting. I looked at him. He seemed to be focused on preparing the chicken. Then, I looked back at his phone and gave it some thought.

He had a password. The only person I could call was the police. If I called the police, it would be bad for his other innocent members. Actually, I was thinking of Namjoon and Jimin. I would feel bad for them if I did this. But I also felt bad for myself if I just let this chance go.

But... Ah, I couldn't decide. I hated this.

"What are you looking at?"

I was startled when I heard Taehyung's voice.

I was really lost in thought just now. I looked at him. I knew he caught me staring at his phone.

"Nothing," I said and continued cutting the onion.

He removed the plastic gloves, and then he took his phone off the counter and started scrolling through the random stuff. "Is there anything fun here that you keep looking at?"

My hand froze. He didn't play dumb, did he? I was sure he knew very well what the reason was.

"Um? Y/n?" He looked at me again; he wanted an answer from me.

"I'm holding the knife now, Kim Taehyung," I said under my gritted teeth. I didn't really understand why he always looked for a fight with me. And I was not in a good mood either.

He scoffed and then chuckled shortly. I just ignored him. I just remembered how crazy he was anyway.

I felt him coming closer to me from my back, and then he wrapped his arms around my waist. He buried his face in my neck.