Chapter 40: Dad

I went back to my seat in front of Sera. We made eye contact and I just giggled. The awkward feeling here was so overwhelming.

I wanted to go.

"I'm sorry again," said Sera.

I shook my head, "It's okay" said me and curled a smile. Sweetest as much as I could.

"Oh, I'm sorry for asking you about your personal life. I was.. Went too far,.. And you're not comfortable either".

I waved my hand off at her, "No, no. It's not because I'm not uncomfortable, Unnie.  It.. It's because it is not really special. Everything is just too fast" said me and faked a giggle.

I saw her nodding and then she looked at me like she had a request.

"Can you tell me at least how you guys met each other? I'm sorry that I'm being so noisy. I'm very curious"

"No, no it's okay. You're his high school friends and I understand it so much"

Sera faked a small laugh. High school friends? It wasn't only that.

"It was when..." I muttered as I tried to put the better words.

Sera looked at y/n intentionally. Her eyes, her gestures, her motion, her everything. To her, y/n wasn't a girl that could be judged by look.

"The first time we met.. I moved here, in Ulsan five years ago. I used to live in Seoul. So, I met him when I was looking for a house to rent. So yeah, things were going on and it's just like that" said me and shrugged my shoulder.

To Sera, It sounded like a decent love story, but y/n? She wasn't. In those suspicious messages, the sender was obviously a male name. She must be fooling Eunwoo.

My phone rang. I looked at the table and saw the caller ID was Taehyung. I quickly took my phone and then looked at Sera.

"Oh, you can take the call, I don't mind. Please be comfortable" said Sera.

I shook my head, "It's not that import-"

"No, please. The phone has been ringing since you were in the washroom"

My facial muscles tightened. She must have seen the caller ID. It's hard for me to maintain the smile on my face. "Ohh, thank you for saying that," said me and took the call. I lowered the call volume as I didn't want Sera to hear.

"Hello," said me.

Sera lowered her head and looked at her coffee. But she was trying to hear the conversation. She really wanted to know their relationship.

"Babe, your voice is sweet. What got into you?" asked him.

I gulped down my saliva. He sounded so pleasant. I hated it.

"Hmm... What do you mean?" I giggled. I was really clueless about how to handle this conversation.

I heard Taehyung scoffing. "That giggle... Babe... Are you horny?"

My eyes widened. I almost cussed out. I bit my lips to avoid so.

Then I took a quick glance at Sera if she's watching me. Fortunately, she wasn't.

"No. It's just.. I'm outside now, having morning hot drinks with a friend" said me and then looked at Sera again. We made eye contact and she smiled back at me.

He was silent for a moment, understanding the situation. "Gosh, I'm so upset now," said him. His voice was deep and a little bit cold.

"Why?"

"Because.. I thought you wanted me" said him.

I didn't say anything.

"If you say so, I'll fly to you right now. But ah, never mind. I'm busy anyways. You'll see me a lot on the TV" said him. I couldn't understand what he meant but he wasn't always understandable anyways. Talking nonsense at the best.