Chapter 33: Old Promise

As soon as I got home, I slumped my butt on the sofa. I pinched my eyes closed and pressed my forefinger against my temple.

This was too much for me. I had to tell Eunwoo about this, but I didn't know how.

And Jihoon. How to tell him that his real father wasn't Eunwoo? How would a kid understand this circumstance? He was just six years old. At his age, he just learned how to write and how to count, not this fucking matter.

I clenched my hands. "That fucking lawyer. It's easy to talk!" I yelled. There was a swaying of my chest. I was so mad.

I leaned back on the sofa. Closing my eyes, I tried to calm down by practicing the breathing exercise. "Calm down," I said to myself.

After that, I opened my eyes, and they were fixed on the wall clock. "Fuck! My Jihoon." It's 3 p.m. already. His school ended at 3 p.m. I had to run.

         I gasped for the air after running to the kindergarten. I tucked the strand of my hair that fell off in front of my face behind my ear. Then I walked into the kindergarten.

I saw that Jihoon was the only one who left the classroom with a teacher. I quickly bowed my head down to 90 degrees. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my lateness."

"No, it's okay," said the teacher.

"Mom" Jihoon called me. I straightened my posture and saw him running at me with a smile.

I opened my arms, and he came into my embrace. "I'm sorry, dear, for being late," said I.

"It's okay, mom. You're not really late. Teacher Yoon is here with me.".

I turned my head at Teacher Yoon. "I'm sorry, Teacher Yoon." I apologized again. I felt sorry for making her stay for Jihoon.

"No, no, it's okay."

           I walked with Jihoon back home.

"Mom, do you receive any calls from Taehyung Hyung today?" asked Jihoon.

"No," answered me.

"Oh"

I looked down at him. He seemed to be disappointed again. I ignored it, even though I hated seeing him like this.

Later, we reached home. I unlocked the door.

"Mom, what snack do you prepare today?"

"Ah right! Mom forgets about it," I said, bent down at him. "I'll fry you the nuggets. Take a shower first, dear. Okay?"

"Okay!" said Jihoon, and then he ran into his room.

I went straight to the kitchen. I took the frying pan and placed it on the stove. Then I pour in the cooking oil and turn on the stove.

When I was about to go to the fridge, my phone in my pocket was ringing. I took it out and saw this fucking number.

It's Taehyung. I didn't save his number yet, but I recognized it because he's a nightmare.

I took the call and pressed it against my ear with my shoulder. "What do you want?" asked me while going to the fridge and taking the nuggets.

"I heard from my lawyer that he already told you about our son," said Taehyung.

"Our son?? Our???" I was bothered by what he had said.

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"Whatever. Think whatever you want to think." I ignored what had bothered me when I remembered that he would always twist my words, ending up provoking me more.