Chapter 38: Ex

I saw Eunwoo walking to the sofa while drying his hair with the small towel. He slumped his butt on the sofa and took the remote TV and randomly selected the channels.

I was holding the court letter. After mustering the courage, I went to sit beside Eunwoo and just held out the letter to him.

He frowned at my suddenness. "What is this?" asked him and took the letter from my hand.

"Court notice"

He unfolded the letter and read it. I looked at his face, trying to see any expression but I couldn't. After that, he folded it back and gave it to me. "I'll go with you two"

"Um?"

"Seoul is far. It's dangerous to leave you both on a long journey" said he.

"Thank you," said me with a wide smile. He's so nice and concerned too.

He nodded.

I leaned my back on the sofa and looked at him. What did I do in my life that I deserved a date to meet Eunwoo?

I recalled the moment when we first met. I almost giggled because it was when I threw a tantrum at Ahjumma. I was acting like a kid too.

He was with me at my worst time, my worst nightmare. He's such an angel in disguise. Even though he's expressionless sometimes.

Suddenly my smile turned dull. It seemed like all for myself. What did he get from all of these?

I remember when Taehyung was suspicious about my marriage. Was it really obvious that this marriage only benefited me? Hurt to admit, that he was kind of right.

I recalled what Taehyung told me every man must want his own child. I had heard about it too. Had this marriage stopped what Eunwoo could have? Tying him, robbed his freedom?

I sighed. I felt bad for him. I felt terrible at the same time. But what should I do?

There's a part of me wanting him to like me. But to be honest my heart wasn't ready for anyone. But if it happened to be one day that we would get divorced, I couldn't imagine how my life would be. I wasn't sure if I would feel empty. He's part of my family.

"Y/n, what's wrong?"

My mind pulled back to reality. "Um?"

"You look sad"

"I look sad?"

"Um"

"Oh, nothing. It's just.. Nothing actually" said me with a smile.

"Mom," Jihoon called me, causing our attention to him. He rubbed his eye like he was crying. And then he ran towards me.

I opened my arms and hugged him "Omo, what happened Jihoon-ah?" I said and took him on my lap.

Eunwoo looked at Jihoon with concern too.

"I had a bad dream," said Jihoon and buried his face in my chest.

I patted his head. "Shh, it's okay. It's not real. Mom is with you now" said me. It must be Taehyung's fault. That fucker was lying on my son's bed. Just his aura gave my son a nightmare. He's such bad luck, he left his evil spirit here!

"Um, Jihoon-ah. Mom is right,  it's not real" said Eunwoo.

I held Jihoon tightly in my arms and then I got up. "Let's go, sleep with Mom tonight," said me and went into my room.

"Good night," said Eunwoo.

"Um, good night" said me back.

I put Jihoon gently on the bed and then I laid beside him.