Chapter 9: Workplace

Like usual, I went to the Big Hit Building after class. I went into the makeup room and saw only Jungkook and some staff.

I guess I was too early. I went to sit on the chair, and Jungkook was looking at me like he wanted to talk to me. We did not have a proper greeting yet, actually.

"Your name is y/n, right?'' Jungkook broke the silence with me.

"Yes", I nodded slightly and smiled at him.

He pulled his chair toward me and sat in front of me. I was quite startled by his sudden friendliness.

"Are you close to Taehyung?".

His question was obviously trying to confirm if I date Taehyung because he had told me that he told all the members about us.

"I'm not sure".

"Okay. I will quit beating around the bush. Are you guys dating?".

Suddenly, I heard the door open and close, which had distracted us. Jimin and Taehyung just arrived here.

As soon as I saw Taehyung, I tried to keep my distance with Jungkook, worried if he would go crazy over it again.

My eyes met Taehyung's eyes. We stared at each other until Jimin called me.

"Let's go y/n-ssi. I want to continue sleeping here". He was already sitting in front of the makeup mirror".

I went to Jimin and I started working on Jimin's makeup. I took a slight glance at Taehyung. He was sitting on my earlier chair while looking at me intensely. I could see that Jungkook was smirking, looking at how Taehyung looked at me.

I was blushing.

Why does he make it obvious to everyone?

I knew he was jealous of how close I was to Jimin. So, I tried to avoid conversation with Jimin.

"Y/n, why are you not talking to me at all today?", asked Jimin. He seemed to realize my sudden quietness.

I looked slightly at Taehyung. Did he see now what would happen if I did not talk at all? But he seemed not to care.

I looked back at Jimin. "You said you wanted to sleep. And you looked tired too. Get some rest, oppa-ah".

He giggled and said, "Y/N, you are so cute".

I frowned and secretly took a look at Taehyung. I worried that if Jimin complimented me, it would cause him to be jealous again.

But I could not read his poker face. He just scanned my body from my head to my toe and then gulped down his saliva.

How long has he been staring at me?

I hit Jimin's arm lightly. "Go sleep, mochi".

"Ouch, fine, fine. You can be so mean too, y/n. I just discovered this side of you today".

I forced out a brief laugh at him and continued working.

Please, Jimin-ah, stop talking!

Then, Taehyung sat beside Jimin as his makeup artist had just arrived.

After about an hour, Taehyung was ready earlier than Jimin. Obviously, his makeup artist was more professional.

Taehyung came to me and whispered, "After you are done, come to the corridor where the prop is stored".

Then he just left without me having a chance to ask for a reason.

He really drove me crazy, and I continued working.