Chapter 50: Daegu

I sat on the bench with Jihoon sitting on me, hugging me. He was sleeping soundly. Because it's only 7 am now. Even the airport felt so silent. 

I looked at Jihoon. He's so cute. Even though he's getting bigger and heavier, to me he's still like a baby. Those cheeks looked like a pie to me. I want to bite them so much.

After taking a look at Jihoon, I turned my head forward again. The reality hit me back.

I just remembered we were on the way to Taehyung's mother's house. I didn't know what she was like. 

I wring my hands, I was getting more nervous. 

But then my hand froze as an idea struck me. Why should I be nervous to meet her? Why would I be scared of my manners towards her? 

It was the only way for Taehyung to stop looking for me. It was by using his mother. If his mother didn't like me, he couldn't do anything. It must be either me or his mother. And of course, he would be forced to choose his mother. Because of the blood tie. 

"It must be that way," I said to myself and nodded. 

"What are you doing?"

Suddenly, I heard Taehyung's voice and I raised my head to look up at him. "No-nothing, I'm just bored.  While waiting for you" said me.

He didn't say anything and took Jihoon from me and I let him. 

"Let's go," said him and walked, leaving me behind. 

I quickly caught up with him. I was very unfamiliar with this big airport because I'd never been there. 

            The car drove to a smaller alley. I could feel that we almost reached Taehyung's mother's house. 

Finally, Taehyung stopped the car. My heart skipped a beat. I closed my eyes and sighed.

Be rude, be rude, be rude, be real rude, I told myself in my mind.

"Are you nervous?"

I quickly opened my eyes and turned my head at him.  

"You don't need to be nervous, babe. My mother is kind. She will like you. Especially when we're having a son together now. She must accept you in any way" said him. 

I just looked at him without saying anything because that thing wasn't longer my concern. I was nervous about meeting his mother before. But after having the idea to make her hate me, I was more nervous about acting rude. I was just worried that I couldn't do it. 

"Dad, are we at grandma's house now???" asked Jihoon from the backseat with an excited voice. 

"Yes, dear," said Taehyung 

Jihoon cheered out of excitement. 

I saw a smile on Taehyung's face when Jihoon cheered. He pulled out the car key, unbuckled his seatbelt, then got out of the car. He opened the passenger door and took Jihoon to get out of the car. 

Before he closed the door he bent to look at me. "Get off babe, it's going to be fine"

"Yeah, yeah sure," said me and quickly got out" 

I just followed him closely from behind. All the things in my head now were to be rude, be rude, and make her hate me. 

Taehyung started ringing the bell. "Mother... It's me, your son" said Taehyung.

I gulped my saliva down with more nervousness. 

Later, the door opened and revealed a woman in her late 50s. My heart started beating violently because I tried hard to tell myself I could do it.