Chapter 28: Future

I'd been crying since evening, sitting on the floor in the middle of the living room.

I knew the exact reason why they all treated me like this. I looked at my tummy and sighed out.

I needed to get rid of this quickly.

Then I heard my doorbell ringing. I stopped crying instantly and quickly wiped away my tears. It's a bit shocking to me if I already have a guest. But what if it were to happen to be a bad person?

I went to the door and looked through the peephole.

Gosh, I was worried for nothing.

It's Eunwoo.

I opened the door, crossed my arms, and rolled my eyes at him. "What do you want?"

"Do you want to eat pizza with me?" asked him, holding three boxes of pizza and a plastic bottle of drinks.

He must be thinking of reconciling by 'bribing' me with food. Well, I was not that easy. But the smell of this really shook my ego. Especially when I haven't eaten yet because I spent my day crying today.

"No, I am not hungry," I said.

Suddenly, my stomach grumbled.

Really? At this time?

My face went stiff. Fuck, I was very embarrassed. I bit my bottom lip and cursed at myself under my breath.

"You're hungry," said him.

I shifted my eyes at him. Emotional face again. Could he see how embarrassed I am now????

Eunwoo and I were eating at a small table in an open place near his house.

The pizza was still hot, making it more delicious, and I couldn't even count how many slices had gone into my tummy.

I enjoyed eating and was almost lost in the world of pizza until I caught a glimpse that he was watching me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him, completely forgetting that my mouth was still full.

I choked on it and started coughing while hitting my chest.

He quickly got up, stood behind me, and slapped my back lightly. After I started getting better, he took a bottle of orange juice and opened the cap for me. "Here"

I took it from him and gulped it down. Then he went to sit back in front of me.

"You shouldn't talk when you're eating," he said, taking a slice.

I frowned. "If you weren't looking at me, I wouldn't talk, you know."

"I wasn't looking at you," said him.

"It was so obvious that you were looking at me, Eunwoo-ssi."

"No, I wasn't," he said, shaking his head once at me and then continuing, "I was counting how many slices you ate."

I scoffed and chuckled. "That's not really a good excuse."

"Think whatever you want to think", and then he leaned his face forward at me.

I was shocked and pulled my face backward.

"Your face is so puffy. What were you crying about?"

I gave him a glare. I was very sure he knew the reason very well.

He pulled his face back and continued eating when I seemed to not want to give him an answer.

But actually, I did have an answer for him.