Chapter 42: Jihoon

I saw Eunwoo was looking for something in the refrigerator.

I walked towards him. He noticed me and straightened his position. He took out a bottle of cold water with him. 

"Y/n, what do you have to say?"

"Oh? How do you know I have something to say?" asked me.

He let out a giggle. "I've been living with you for years. You have that face when you have something to talk about"

"Oh.. Is that so?" I giggle shyly. 

"What's it?" asked Eunwoo, bringing me back to what I had to say to him. 

"Umm.. Actually, I... I got a job"

"A job??" asked Eunwoo in disbelief.

"Yeah, you know, it has been a long time, I'm not being productive. I'm in my twenties. It's such a waste that I'm living like a potato. I just think I need to do something" explained me.

"You've received the penalty letter?" asked him. 

My eyes widened in shock. "How.. How do you know about that??"

"Well you told me about the paternity test. It is matching. So, yeah you're wrong and it is.. It's a law"

"Wow, you're law genius" 

"No" he laughed and continued denying, "What are you saying? It's just common knowledge. I'm korean and it's just basic" 

"No? Yes, you are. I don't know my country's law" said me. 

He laughed shyly and then looked at me with a serious gaze but yet so soft, "It's okay y/n, you don't need to force yourself to work. I'll pay it. 1.2M won, right? I have savings" 

I shook my head. "No, no. I'll settle it. I told you, I want to work because I want to be productive. And-and this penalty is my-my.. Kind of a.. A motivation!" said me. 

"Umm, what about borrowing my money first to settle down such thing"

I looked at him full of thoughts. "Yes," said me. I couldn't reject it. I just remembered I had two weeks. Furthermore, it's just I'm borrowing, right? I would pay him back. 

"Alright" said him and then went to take a glass and poured the cold water.  "So, what job?" asked him. 

I scratched my head. I didn't know how he would react to this. "A.. Clothing retail" said me. 

"Where?"

"Mmm.. Upsquare" 

I saw his facial expressions weren't good. "Upsquare? It's quite far. I thought you got a job around here. The bus you need to take, I think it's not worth it if you're planning to save the money" said him. 

I shook my head, "I don't get a job at an ordinary clothes shop. I got at Mulberry. I even have to wear the uniform like a stewardess, you know?" said me with my nose slightly tilted, looking really proud.

He laughed at the way I did that. "Okay, okay. Just do whatever that makes you happy. Take care of yourself too. Be careful when you take the bus. Don't wait alone at the bus station".

"Do not worry, I'll take care of myself carefully," said me. 

"Oh, y/n, one more thing" 

My face turned serious when Eunwoo sounded like he had something to say.

"About Jihoon. I'll pick up him from the school from now on then"

"Oh, you're right" said me unenthusiastically. So this was a bad thing if I wanted to work.