Chapter 71: Blackmail

I laid my head on the pillow, pulling the blanket up to my chest.

I still smiled widely. Damn, that song. Aish! Damn it.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but that song came to mind again. And then I remembered the way he told me about that, and our faces were too close to each other. I was dumbfounded at first. And then the way he smirked and said that was just a song.

Aish, damn it, damn it. 

I sniffed the air and tried to go to sleep for real. 

Something came to mind, and my eyes opened immediately. I quickly got up, sat down, and bit my lips.

I just remembered what I was doing to him. The photo of him that I sent to Nara.

What if he's going to get mad at me when he finds it? 

I pinched my eyes closed and cursed at myself for being so fucking stupid.

What if Nara called him again at midnight?

I didn't think very long about the consequences. Aish, I was just so stupid.

I remembered him leaving his phone in the storeroom's box. Was it still there? 

I got off the bed and walked out of the room.

I went into the store room, turned on the light, and walked towards the box I meant. 

What a disappointment; it wasn't here. 

I bit my lower lip and sighed. If I hadn't come up with this stupid idea, I wouldn't be like this. 

Suddenly, something fell off, and I was startled. It was one of the boxes in the room. 

I turned my head around to see if there was something else here. 

Nothing. 

No wind, no force—how the fuck did it fall off? 

I started to feel the chill in my spine when I remembered it was about 3 a.m.

What the fuck was I doing here at this time in this fucking big house, and it was even my first time here?

I quickly exited this room and returned to his house's long corridor.

I felt the shock of the cold wind across my back, and my feet froze. 

There was nothing else in my head except that thing.

I walked fast, then felt rushed by energy, so I finally ran.

I went back into the room, closing the door, and quickly slumped on the bed. 

I pulled the blanket up over my head.

God, I swear there was something else living in this house. 

It made sense because he said he rarely lived here. I bet he bought this house to ease his visit with Jihoon. But it was kind of stupid to buy a big house when he was away most of the time. 

The chill won't dissipate. I pinched my eyes closed and tried to sleep. But with my heart beating loudly, I couldn't do so. 

I tried to control my mind and my chest. It could be that I was just overthinking.

But not too long later, I gave up, quickly got out, and went into Taehyung's room.

I turned my head toward the bed. I saw him sleeping in the middle of his bed. But still, there was room on both sides. 

I got into his blanket and laid at the end of the bed, keeping a distance between us. 

But still, I need to feel the presence of someone here. So, I ran my leg over his.