Chapter 24: Good News

I was sitting at the dining table with a glass of plain water in my hand. I stared at the view in front of me. It didn't matter because my mind was reflecting my life.

Day by day, things were still the same. I couldn't think of any ideas about how to run, how to trick him, or how to fight him. There's nothing.

I was finally hopeless. I felt dead inside.

Not just that. Back then, sex with him was the only punishment. But now it's become a routine. It was his need. I didn't oppose; I didn't fight. It's only tiring me because, in the end, it's just still...

The same.

I gulped down the water bitterly.

What about people around me before? Why didn't they look for me? Like my friend? College friend?

Again, I gulped down the water bitterly.

I heard the footsteps. It was none other than Kim Taehyung, a sick psychopath ass masked under the face of an innocent.

I felt his body heat up stronger. He hugged me from behind. 

"Baby," he called me, rubbing his face against my shoulder.

But suddenly, I felt very nauseous when I smelled his perfume. I was about to throw it out. I pushed him and then covered my mouth.

"What's wrong?" asked him. He seemed to be startled when I pushed him.

I ran into the nearest toilet and started throwing into the toilet bowl.

Later, he came into the toilet. "Babe, you're okay?"

I shook my head. I felt so tired that I almost wanted to rest my face there.

He came at me again and held my shoulders. Suddenly, I felt nauseous again. I scooted myself away from him, and I pinched my nose. 

"I can't smell you. Your smell makes me so nauseous."

He stared at me for a while. His eyes were looking at me from my head to my toes. Then back to my eyes. 

"I think you're pregnant, babe. This time, I can confirm it is true."

My face muscles went stiff. It's not because I was surprised. It's because I have reached this stage. I already expected this. How would I not be pregnant when we did that almost every day?

I was a young woman after all.

"I think we still have the pregnancy test kit. I'll go get it for you," he said, getting out.

Later, he came back. He kept his distance from me, and then he put down the pregnancy test kit on the slippery floor. And then he slid it across the floor toward me.

"Do it, and don't forget to tell me the good news," he said, and then got out, closing the door.

I was left alone. I hugged my knees and then rested my chin on them. I looked at the pregnancy test kit. I had a strong feeling that it was going to be positive anyway.

I turned my face aside, replaced my cheeks, and rested on my knees.

After a while, I took the pregnancy test kit, got up, and did it, but I still didn't want to look at it yet.

My hand still covered the one on the kit. One or two? Two or one?

Slowly, I removed my hand.

One, okay

I slid my hand further—another one. One plus one?

It was fucking two.

Why did I act surprised? I already knew it, stupid brain.