Chapter 72: Uninterested

I laid on the bed, arms open, looking up at the ceiling.

Honestly, I wondered why Taehyung didn't come to me at all after he left for a phone call. I had been left alone for a few hours already. And earlier, he had already left me to meet his friend. 

I thought he wanted to hit on me again and convinced me more about him and the future.

Even when we were dating back then, he didn't leave me at all if it was not for his work. 

It was just so weird because he had been losing his sh*t for me, and now it's just like this. 

I sighed out and turned to lie on my stomach. 

I closed my eyes and tried taking a nap if I could. 

My mind was still randomly thinking about things.

I opened my eyes right away when Nara came across my mind.

His silence could probably be because of Nara. 

I couldn't sit still and felt so fucking uneasy that I got up. 

But if it was about Nara, I was so fucking sure he would confront me. 

"It could be that he is sleeping. Who knows?" I said to myself. 

These all made me so confused. I should ask him. Even though I was scared, I should. 

I looked at the digital clock on the small table beside the bed. It was 6 p.m. If he still didn't show up, the best time for me to go see him was at dinner time. 

After I finished preparing the dinner, I served it on the dining table. I just cooked any ingredients left in his fridge. Because it's not too much, it's just a simple meal, which was osam bulgogi.

Now, I had reason to face Taehyung. I was going to do it naturally. 

I went up and stood in front of his room door. 

Before knocking, I tried to think of how to ask him and mustered my courage for it.

I took a deep breath and finally felt ready. 

I knocked on the door three times: "Taehyung."

I heard no response and started doubting that he was inside. He could have been getting out when I was in my room.

Curious, I twisted the door open. 

I was wrong; he's here. 

He was in bed, and our eyes met right away. But he broke eye contact by turning away his face.

I frowned. Was it just obvious that he's mad at me?

I walked toward his bed. "Taehyung. Actually, I've cooked dinner. So, you don't need to call the delivery for us. And I've cooked some for you too." 

"Um, thank you. I'll eat later. I'm just so sleepy right  now," h said, rubbing his eyes, yawning, and closing his eyes.

It sounded and looked so fake. I was sure he wasn't sleepy.

But what was the reason for him to lie? Could it be Nara's matter?

That thing kept bothering me and haunting me. I should just tell him to ease my mind. 

"Taehyung, I have another thing to tell you."

"Go ahead," he said with his eyes still closed.

"Actually, last night, about Nara,. Actually I-"

"I know," he cut me short.

"Um? So, are you being like this because you're mad at me?"

"No, I am in thought."