Chapter 32: Legal

A plate of food untouched before me, my gaze remained fixed on Jihoon. Worry etched deep lines into my brow, making it impossible to focus on eating. 

Why does Taehyung have to appear in my life again? 

What if he really takes Jihoon away from me? 

I started getting worried at the thought that I couldn't see Jihoon like this anymore.

"Y/n" Eunwoo  who sat beside Jihoon called my name.

Taehyung, that guy. He's unpredictable. And really capable of doing anything. Am I really going to lose?

"Y/n"

I was startled when Eunwoo held my hand, which rested on the dining table. 

"Huh?" 

I looked into his eyes. He seemed to be worried about me.

"Is there something bothering you?" asked him.

"Nothing." I pulled my hand off him, holding the bowl, and I started eating. I tried my best to look fine.

 Eunwoo stared at me for few seconds, then he looked away, avoiding the tension. Deep in his heart, he knew something was going on.

"Eunwoo," I called.

 He lifted his head, "Yes, y/n."

 "I will put Jihoon to bed today," I said.

 "Sure"

               I walked towards Jihoon and took his hand. "Let's go to your bed."

"Okay, mom"

Jihoon got into bed and lied. I helped him pull up the blanket. Then, I sat beside him.

"How was school today?" asked me.

"Fun! I told my friends about meeting Taehyung hyung. It's fun!" His energy was elated as soon as he told me this. 

Does he like Taehyung that much?

"Oh? Mom, I forgot to show you something that I've promised in the morning," he said, then quickly got off the bed and ran for his small backpack.

My head followed his figure. Actually, I wasn't excited to see those anymore because I'd already seen them. All my questions had been answered by Taehyung. 

Now, I just wanted to know his feelings towards Taehyung. Who's more important to him? Me or him?

Jihoon sat on the floor in front of me. 

He flipped the book and said, "Here! Mom, look at this." He showed me the book right in front of my face.

I curled up a smile and then took it. I read it. 

He wished for my son to do well. My son could only do well if he never appeared in his life.

"Mom, what do you think?"

I put down the book and looked at Jihoon. I widened my smile. I should take care of his feelings; I won't yell at him anymore because I don't want him to choose Taehyung over me. "It's warming," I said, taking Jihoon on my lap. I hugged him and kissed him on the head.

He giggled. "So, mom will allow me to like Taehyung Hyung?"

"Yes dear"

Jihoon giggled again. He was so happy, thinking that it was effective. 

He stopped giggling when he remembered something. "Mom, did Taehyung Hyung call you today?"

"Call?"

"Yes, mom".