Chapter 75: Be Thankful

I heard an engine car from outside. Taehyung must have come back.

Actually, I still get a creepy feeling from those photos of mine in his drawer.

I heard him punching the door password, and I quickly looked back at Jihoon and continued playing robot building with him.

Then, I heard the door open and his footsteps.

"Babe, I bought you a kimbap," said he.

I turned to him and saw him putting a plastic bag on the dining table. "Oh, okay," I said, and he continued playing with Jihoon.

I heard Taehyung's footsteps towards me.

"Babe," he called me.

I turned to him and saw him sitting down beside me.

He put a paper bag in front of me.

"I know you lost your phone, so yeah."

"Dad, look at my robot," said Jihoon to Taehyung.

"It's amazing," said Taehyung, ruffling Jihoon's hair.

Jihoon giggled proudly and went back to his robot.

I glanced at the shopping bag and then went back to Taehyung. "Thank you," I said and took it.

I took a look at the phone he bought for me.

"I bought you a new number. I cannot have them get the SIM card with your same number because they need you to be there for that"

"Oh. But I have to do that. Because that number is important. I have important personal business with that phone number," I said.

"I'll send you to the mobile center whenever you want," said he, and he curled a smile at me.

"Um," she said, and then I just remembered about the Nara thing. "Taehyung, what about Nara? Have you settled with her about the photo?" asked me.

"Yeah, I did. Don't worry about it anymore," he said.

I looked him in the eyes. I was curious how he settled with her because his way was sometimes dirty.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

"I am curious, how did you settle with her?"

He could read through her. "Do you doubt my way? Do you think I'm wicked?" asked Taehyung and tilted his head to the side slightly at me.

"No. That's not what I mean. I'm just curious." I rejected his claim, even though it's true that it was what I thought.

"I paid for that photo," he said, and I froze. Our eyes still gazed at each other.

He really could read through me, and I could not lie.

"We deal with money," continued him.

My lips twitched slightly. "H-how much?"

"Very much," said he.

"How much is that very much?" asked me. I was so curious.

"Why do you want to know? Are you planning to pay me back?" asked him.

My eyes flickered, and I began to stutter. I didn't know whether I could afford it. How much could it be? 10,000 won? 50 000 won? Or 100,000 won? What if beyond that? "I-I.. I-"

He laughed and looked at me. "I just tease you, babe," said he.

"You're crazy," I said and smiled. He was really such a teaser.

He laughed again.

Talking about crazy just reminded me of those photos. "Taehyung, I have something to ask you."