66

CARMEN

Wearing the dress I received from Stefano earlier in the day. I look myself over in the mirror one last time. While my eyes uncontrollably continue to drift to the man behind me who's taking his precious time. I can't help be feel guilty about all of the money that he's spent on the party. Then again everyone has pushed for it, everyone but me. Stefano starts whispering to himself, making my head snap, to glare at the back of his head.

"Sei impaziente." He mutters, thinking I can't hear him from here. I suck in a sharp breath, annoyed at how uncomfortable the beautiful dress was. It wasn't completely, but i'm just not used to wearing dresses. Not this big anyway.

"What was that?" I ask and he smirks to himself. My eyes roll before I look back at myself. Nervously smoothing out the waist tight dress i'm wearing. It puffs downwards, resembling a type of princesses dress. But I felt like a queen. I pick up the end with both arms, taking one last look at my sparkly heels to match. Each time I moved my foot, they would shine by the light above.

I turn to watch him fiddle with his tie and struggling as he's rushing. No doubt everyone is waiting downstairs for my arrival, our arrival. I wasn't about to go down without him. I'd trip and fall down the stairs in these heels. He has to hold me up, he knows that.

"Hurry up!" I shriek once again, throwing my arms up before I march up to him. His eyes find mine through the mirror in front of us. Before falling down to watch his fingers assemble his rolex. He clears his throat before turning towards me.

"I'm done." He speaks roughly, grabbing my face, softly. He plants a kiss onto my lips. Making me pout when he only gives me one. I know we're in a rush but that's just not right. I reach up to grab onto to his collar.

"I'm nervous, I need a another." I lean closer into him trying to get my hint across.

"You're okay, i'm right here." I roll my eyes at his comforting words. I get that Stefano, I want your lips on mine. I think as we walk out of the bedroom hand in hand. His fingers dance between mine. Before he moves to raise his arm and kiss the center of my hand.

"Don't let me fall, i'll sock you."

"Sock me?" I look at him with disbelief.

"You don't know what the means do you?" He innocently shakes his head at my words. And curiously raising his eyebrows, wanting an answer.

"It means i'll hit you." As I speak, a roar of applause hits my ears. Filling all of my senses, yet i'm unable to take my eyes away from Stefano's smile. He gently pulls me to his side, gripping my waist tightly, he begins to descend the stairs. Safely and slowly so I won't fall, I trust him to guide me as my eyes travel the crowed room below.

"Happy birthday!" My brother greets me with a big smile, and stealing me away from Stefano, but barely. He still holds on to one of my arms. Maybe afraid he'd lose me in the sea of people.

"You've told me four times." I joke, hugging his neck. He pulls away quickly, giving me a painful slap on my shoulder.

"Play nice kids." My mother walks up to us with my father trailing behind her. Dad nods, greeting someone behind me. Although I have a feeling it's Stefano seeing as he pulls me back against his chest seconds after.

"Happy birthday." Harper throws her arms around me, pushing her brother away as she does. Squeezing me tight, enough to suck out the oxygen around me. I laugh loudly as she rocks our bodies back and fourth.

"The baby is growing up!" I scoff, pushing her away. I look up to find my dad looking at me with sadness in his eyes. He gives me a smile, but I know somethings bothering him. Probably his little girl growing up.