12

"So we're going towards more danger?"

I step out of the plane, happy to feel the ground underneath my feet. The past day and a half, we've been flying to Italy. They weren't joking like I thought after all.

Everyone took two jets. Yes jets, though i've wanted jets fly across the sky, imaging what it would be like to be in one, I didn't think I ever would. I was so very wrong.

I slept most of the way here, after getting bored and sick feeling from looking out of the window. I even picked up a book, after reading the first sentence it got tiring. My family flew in one jet, with two bodyguards. They occupied themselves, almost making them unnoticeable, if only they weren't giants.

Being shaken awake by my mom telling me to put on a seatbelt I felt anxious to land, watching almost every conspiracy theory to exist on youtube didn't help in the slightest.

We landed, that's what matters.

A black escalade sits parked i front of the jet with a man rushing to open the door. He hides on hand behind his back while one clenches the door handle. He looks scared, more nervous.
"Miss. Jones, I do hope your flight was well."

"It was thank you." Mom comes up from behind me answering before I could get a chance. My eyes watched the other jet, following Harper as she walked down the stairs. Unlike us they had two escalades, and a mclaren.

Since a young age, dad and I spent our time bonding over cars. From old to new, we watched car auctions, and shows on the television.

"Dad check that out." I look in his direction, seeing him talking to our pilot, not paying attention. "It's so cool." Jax comes to stand beside me with his eyes glued to the car, in absolute awe. I could see the wheels turning in his head, no pun intended.

It took a while for him to get into cars, but when he did, there was no stopping the kid. His everything, from posters, to bedsheets was laced with car related things. The whole cliche boy obsessed with hot wheels duo was a thing.

Stefano was the last to step out of the jet, having me realize the car was his, no doubt. He too, has a short conversation with the pilot, as they shake hands. His hair looked messy, making the suit and tie he was wearing, a look.

His families cars were leaving already having me focus on mine. "Come on, it's cold out." Dad ushers me into the car, giving me no chance to take one last look at, Stefano.

The driver shut the door making his way around the car, while one of the bodyguards from the jet takes the passenger seat.

"We need to have a talk before we get there." Dad states, holding no room for questions in his eyes. "Back in New York, was nothing compared to what you'll see here." I look over to Jax to see how he's handing things, but his face is blank waiting for our dad to continue his words.

"You don't go wondering around do you hear me?" He asks the both of us, with urgency in his tone. "Yes Sir." I reply, looking out of the window.

"I mean it, Carmen."

"Why are you assuming I will."

"I know you." Not even a slight hint of amusement in his voice, scared me. I took it seriously before, but now it's real.

"You be thankful they've allowed our safety, don't give them a reason to kill you themselves." Mom points out.

"Sweetheart-" Dad starts, before being cut off.

"Don't be gentle with them Sebastian!" She demands throwing her hands dramatically.

"I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to the two of you." He admits, with as mad look. "Dad mornings going to happen it'll be fine, you said yourself everything will be back to normal, did you lie?" Jax asks him, as dad exchanges a look with mom.

"It'll be okay." He assures Jax. The rest of my families words are downed out by me as I watch the scenery pass by in a blur. The cloud sky casted a depressing feeling onto me.

I didn't like the unexpected, and that's all I could feel at this point, it annoyed me. A loud car approached from the distance, seeing it was Stefano passing us.

My heart clenched in my chest, sending more butterflies to my stomach. Mom told me to snap out of it, and I have been, for a while. It just didn't work. My mind always wondered back to him.

My hands wrap around my seatbelt tracing it with my fingers. It helped my mind, sort of. I could practically feel moms stare on the side of my face. I could feel her glare, just daring me to say a word about him, to even look at him.

I'll have to make sure I don't.

"Carmen?" My head snaps to Jax's voice.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" He was always the one to notice when something was up with me. My face could be blank as paper, with a smile on my face, and he could just tell.

I've always joked about him having a spiritual awakening when he was little, being able to read auras. He was just a sweet one tho.

"Yeah it's just a lot happening you know." He nods his head leaving it at that. The car became silent with only the turning signals becoming an echo throughout the car.

After a while we arrived to a gate. It was open, seeing as everyone's arrived at once. We rounded the drive way, to my surprise no fountain in the center. I always pictured rich people having fountains, and how if I saw one, i'd swim in it.

I got out of the car following after Jax, feeling the cold breeze hit my skin. The trunk was popped open by the driver, while the bodyguard looked around the ground as if he was expecting something. That's not terrifying at all.

The house was beautiful, it was Italy I don't know what I expected, especially a Mafia house.

I laugh out loud. "What are you laughing at psycho?" Harper  questions walking up to me. The way I continue adding the word Mafia to everything was funny to me. It was just their life. "Nothing." I suppressed a smile.

I look around to see no sign of Stefano's car, disappointing myself, after giving myself the pep talk on the way here. How dare I do this.

We walk into the house, meeting a grand staircase forming in each side of the room. Maids, lined in the middle of the entryway, waiting to greet us. I send mom a look as she waved me off walking in.

This is going to be an experience.