40

The night ended with me crying into my mothers neck. I didn't have to say a thing. 

Holding me without question, we sat for a while. Falling asleep, I wake up to an empty bed. My first thought of the day was, Stefano.

There is absolutely nothing to that I could do or say to stop his decision. He was doing this for his family. I couldn't be selfish to ask him not to.

Who am I to get in the way of this marriage when we never had anything real to begin with?

I'm just a child in his eyes, a little girl. Everything was already chosen. From the bridesmaids dresses, to the hairstyles and different foods.

Everything was happening so quickly.

The wedding was now in motion more than ever. Tearing each piece that my heart had left.

"How's the dress?" Red asks. I know I should call her by her name, but to me she was red head.

She wouldn't want me to use the other words that I had in mind. "Perfect." I didn't know why she was suddenly being so kind to me. Back at Stefano's apartment if I recall she called me by a name.

A look plays on her face. "What?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just a lot to take in."

"And you don't want this?" She smirked turning around carefully. "I'm not blind I see the way you two look at each other. I remember you from his apartment that night. After he kicked me out-"

I interrupt her confused. "He what?"

"You didn't know?" I shake my head.

"Well I went and made things right with Leo. My father needs this favor, and so I will grant him it. It's not easy growing up a woman in the mafia my father has never been proud of me. I just want to prove him wrong."

I felt bad for her. "Even if that means never being able to speak to my Leo again. I am now a Genovese's woman."

"Come on darling the veil." My mom says happily. "Carmen some day this will be you!"

"Are you inviting me to your wedding?" I nod my head at Stefano's mothers words.

"It's almost time are you ready?" No.

"Where are you going Carmen you need to put on your dress!" Did I mention I have to be a bridesmaid. Never thought that I would say such a thing.

"Some air." I don't sneak a look of approvals before escaping the room. I knew where my feet were taking me and it was too late to change directions.

A guard standing at the door gives me a simple nod before knocking for me. "Yes?" I internally cringed at Stefano's sudden voice.

"Going in?" I jump at the guards teasing tone. I guess I should, i'm the one who walked here. The first person I see is Xavier.

"I'll go." Standing in an Armani suit, he tightens the cuffs. "Hi."

"Carmen." He tilts his head, never looking at me. I would be lying if I said that didn't hurt.

"It's the big day, huh?" His brows furrowed through the mirror. "Um, enjoy it. Marriage um, I heard it's really important and stuff."

A smirk irrupt's his lips. "You heard?"

"Yes." I say without a pause. "Be good to her please." He turns to me finally, giving me a thoughtful look. "Dedicate yourself to her and be a good husband."

"Is that what you would want?"

"It doesn't matter what I would want."

"More than you think." I stomp my foot before pacing the room. "Stefano i'm not kidding okay? Can you please just make her happy."

"Why are you worked up, prezioso." He walks towards me a bit.

"Don't call me that." My voice wavers, while I shout. I don't mean to at all.

"Baby." His tired voice hurt more. "I'm going to go now. I won't be at the party after. Um have a good time okay?"

"Carmen." I ignore his voice running out of the room. I bump into Rico'a chest to see Paul who I hadn't seen since in months behind him.

"Hey." I mumble a hi moving out of their way.

Wiping my face for several minutes mom finds me and shoves a dress over my head. Everything was fast forward now.

In an hour I wouldn't see Stefano for a month. Even worse is when he gets back, he won't be mine.

VOTE!!!!
i love stefaniazaka this sad chapter is dedicated to you. your comments make me smile :) i hope  this update doesn't break your heart as much as it has mine.

good things are coming

4 updates in the span of 24 hours SOB i'm spoiling